Hunters in the bunch

Jurome date=1397949835 said:
I agree with Ruby...Moose tastes best.

Hunt sheep, elk but that being said I am crazy about whitetails. Don't have the monsters where I hunt but there are a few big guys. Shoot a variety of rifles but usually seen with my Model 70 .300 Win Mag or Sako .243.

Nice Ram!

Thanks man. That ram was a product of eight hard years of studying the area and miles of walking/glassing/climbing. My only regret was getting into sheep hunting so late in life; just as my knees and back are starting to show signs of age! Now with three little girls at home I don't quite have the time to spend out there. I will hopefully get back out there when they are in school full time and I can sneak away a little more. If I was single I would hunt sheep full time!!

Love to hunt here is my first black bear, I only had one day to get it done so I took the rifle. It's a 30-06 Remington 750 woodsman carbine, we have no shortage of these around here.
 The second one is special for me as it was my first muzzle loader white tail. I don't have my field pics in camera but I'll show you my mount. I used a T/C triumph

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 432
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 393
Good looking deer, I ain't never got one with a muzzle loader, but I have got 1 with a f250, 5 with a '85 f150, 1 with a'88.5 sammi, 2 with a '93 tracker, 3 with a cab over kW, and 1 with a R model Mack pulling a set of pups, that was the last time I swerved to miss a deer.

robert

beekiller date=1398993536 said:
Nice bear!  How much did it weigh?
Thanks beekiller, he wasn't as big as he looks in the picture. He was close to around 300 lbs. 
my brother and I believe the animal deserves respect even in death, so we always take the time to position for clean lasting photos.  That may sound weird to some but I don't get joy out of killing just to kill. Here is a really nice one that my brother got, he waited several months to get this particular bear

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 400
Cobracat date=1399038923 said:
Thanks beekiller, he wasn't as big as he looks in the picture. He was close to around 300 lbs.
my brother and I believe the animal deserves respect even in death, so we always take the time to position for clean lasting photos.  That may sound weird to some but I don't get joy out of killing just to kill. Here is a really nice one that my brother got, he waited several months to get this particular bear

Yeah it looks HUGE in the pic.  ;D   Still a very nice bear.  [thumbsup]

No, that doesn't sound weird at all.  Personally I don't kill anything unless it's a threat or to be eaten.  That said there may be a few extra rabbits and squirrels roaming the area......dang they're tasty.  ;D

Cobracat date=1399038923 said:
my brother and I believe the animal deserves respect even in death, so we always take the time to position for clean lasting photos.  That may sound weird to some but I don't get joy out of killing just to kill.

Amen!  I think most hunters appreciate and agree with this point of view.  All animals deserve respect.... especially when you take them for food.  They are a blessing to those who are fed.

7 pt. Got last year with 30-30 Thompson contender

Attachments

• IMG_2014072313787.webp
    IMG_2014072313787.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 374
 I generally dont take picks of my kills.  Im old enough that I am over it lol.   However I do take pics of my sons.  Here is a pic of his first ever deer.  We live in illinois and hence we have to hunt with shot guns.  He made this shot with a h and r  20 gauge at ninteyfive yards with a smooth bore.   I was prouder of his little spike than I was of the ten pointer I shot in my 20s.   The next day he went to school and got suspended because he still had his hunting knife on his belt.   Go figure

Sometimes phones or other devices place some funky things in pix.  You may try to resize it slightly, or email it to me.  [thumbsup]

Well I go hunting, I just never get anything. :\\\'(  Before the fall of 2015, I had not harvested anything since 1993. A very long and dry spell! But I always enjoyed being out in the woods and mountains with my hunting buddy's. I retired in August of 2014 and didn't get to hunt due to selling our house in California and moving to Idaho. In October of 2015 I was able harvest a little 2x2 mule deer. The unit we were hunting in Idaho only allowed forked horn deer to be taken. It was fine with me. I got to hunt with my father-in-law and my wife's uncle. We had a great time. Then in November my wife's uncle and I drove back to Missouri and hunted with a friend of his on the his 140 acre farm. I got a little 5 point whitetail buck and two does. Over the counter tags. Had a great time with the farmer. You could not ask to meet nicer people!! [thumbsup]  I told my wife's uncle that I killed more deer in the last two months then I had in the last 27 years.
This is the deer I got in Idaho. Can't seem to download the photo's of Missouri.

Attachments

• DSC_0194.webp
    DSC_0194.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 262
Well I don't know what I did wrong but the preceding picture is obviously not my deer. That was the fire we had across the Snake river from us in August. It burned more than 400 square miles. Sorry, I will try to correct this and see if I can post the deer pictures.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but that is my Tin Top while were hunting in Idaho. Getting closer to the deer photo. I'm clicking on the photo I want to show but when it posts it's not the one I clicked.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.webp
    IMG_1979.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 275

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom