Cadillac 500 into a 1988 4dr 4wd GMC

Awsome build up!! I love the Cadi 500!  So easy to make big power out of.  I think I got a link or two for performance places for that engine if you want them.  I was going to put one in a 69 Buick Skylark one time!!  Keep up the good work!

I had a 1983 Malibu that had a blown diesel engine in it and  I thought long and hard about dropping in a 500 Caddie but just couldn't afford to at the time.  I really miss those big torque engines, back in the mid to late 60s I ran a few 430 lincoln engines in a few different cars and trucks.  375 hp 490 ft. lbs. torque stock, blew the doors off of a few hi-po factory cars, I'm sure their owners were not happy that my ugly rigs would do such a thing.

Pictures of my Rebuilt 1976 800CFM Rochester Quadrajet.

Cleaned, blueprinted, new shaft bushings / seals, modified idle circuit, tuned to meet the general specs of my engine set up, and replated the body. 

The Carb Shop in Ontario California performed the service on my Carb for just under $300.

P2240573.jpg

P2240572.jpg

P2240571.jpg

Spent a few hours cleaning up the Delcotron alternator.

I couldn't bring myself to bolt an ugly alternator, dirty and chalky with white oxidation onto the fresh painted motor.

P2240569.jpg

P2240568.jpg

The best spread bore carburetor spacer I could find.  Just under $90 at Summitracing.com, but less then 1/2 price for a like new one on Ebay.  I was set on a 4-hole non open center for better low end signal / better off idle torque.  This one even has the fancy spiral swirls in the bore for improved fuel  atomization.  Tht's gotta be worth 25 extra HP  :P  or at least an extra $40 on the retail.   

P2240570.jpg

My Edelbrock Aluminium intake has turned Ugly  :-\\\\

cadintake1.jpg

So I cleaned it up.  I'm likeing the NAPA 15000Deg Ceramic based Aluminium paint.

cadintake2.jpg

cadintake3.jpg

cadintake4.jpg

cadintake5.jpg

Getting Closer  :o  ...

I've made it much harder to work on by setting teh front clip in place.  As pictured it is just stock suspension with add a leafs, 3" body and 35's.  I've got an 8" Super Lift system for it and 38" TSL SX's

1ton6.jpg

1ton7.jpg

that is becomeing a very nice rig...great work.....don't forget your sunglasses when you open that hood

That intake is blingin'

Ordered new Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels.  Should arrive just after the Fall ZU.  Gotta pull the engine out one more time.  Seems like on a Caddy you have to remove the oil pan and do a custom install on the dipstick tube.

Meanwhile here are a few pics of my Truck on the Roll back ride home from my buddys shop.  (Yep now I'm back to working in the driveway)

P6180713.jpg

P6180712.jpg

P6180710.jpg

zuki68 said:
How bout them gas prices ::) Awsome rig man

gs prices ???  My 94 F-150 XLT 4wd V-8 gets  9 MPG towing.  I truely belive this rig will get better MPG even with the 38's. 

And if not, I'll just suck it up.  It's not a daily driver, I own a few other vehicles. 

Whitfield said:
gs prices ???  My 94 F-150 XLT 4wd V-8 gets  9 MPG towing.  I truely belive this rig will get better MPG even with the 38's. 

And if not, I'll just suck it up.  It's not a daily driver, I own a CRAP LOAD of other vehicles. 
I fixed it for ya

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom