Oldest Built Suzuki

Smuz said:
And a nifty vid of Mouser pulling a broke jeep up a hill in South Dakota in 2010.
Said jeep had bragged that he was bringing a tow rope so he could pull broke Suzuki's.
Kinda got his breakfast fed to him, he did.  [thumbsup]

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/lj10dotcom/2010%20LJ%20Meet/?action=view&current=2010LJmeetVideo012.mp4
[thumbsup] [black_s]

Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  I had no idea.  You?re like a little (well) Suzuki Ninja.  When you or others talked o Mouser I  didn?t realize Mouser should be more like monster.  HO-LEEEE-SSHHH-TOUSKI.  That rig is bad A$$.  Makes me want to get my LJ80v on the (project) front burner.  I can?t do that until I get the Tin Top moved.
I got an idea.  You can ?buy? my tin top.  Yeah, Yeah ?buy? my tin top and then I start resto-mod?n my 80v.
All BS'n aside you have a sweat LJ.  Thank you.  I now have a desire, goal and dream.  Where can I find the time and $$$$

Smuz said:
And a nifty vid of Mouser pulling a broke jeep up a hill in South Dakota in 2010.
Said jeep had bragged that he was bringing a tow rope so he could pull broke Suzuki's.
Kinda got his breakfast fed to him, he did.  [thumbsup]

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/lj10dotcom/2010%20LJ%20Meet/?action=view&current=2010LJmeetVideo012.mp4

Man that is cool!!!  [thumbsup] Jeep got what he deserved!!! [lol]

ASI H8 said:
Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  Smuz.  I had no idea.  You?re like a little (well) Suzuki Ninja.  When you or others talked o Mouser I  didn?t realize Mouser should be more like monster.  HO-LEEEE-SSHHH-TOUSKI.  That rig is bad A$$.  Makes me want to get my LJ80v on the (project) front burner.  I can?t do that until I get the Tin Top moved.
I got an idea.  You can ?buy? my tin top.  Yeah, Yeah ?buy? my tin top and then I start resto-mod?n my 80v.
All BS'n aside you have a sweat LJ.  Thank you.  I now have a desire, goal and dream.  Where can I find the time and $$$$
Hehehe, you have no idea. I have 2 LJ10's, 4 LJ20's, and my son has an LJ80. I also have a complete LJ80 engine/tranny, and an LJ80 short block.

Add to that my '87 Sammi, 2 X90's and a 97 Sidekick roll-over and you can see that I don't want your tintop. I will, however, give you all the help I can on your LJ80.

I know quite a few tricks for LJ80's. For instance: 1. a Samurai electronic distributor is a drop-in replacement for the old points one. 2. A Samurai internally regulated alternator will replace the externally regulated one w/ minimal wiring mods. 3. Samurai springs and front shocks fit fine. Etc. etc.

Glad to see some LJ,s around.
I have a LJ 20 and a LJ20 V. Just got the LJ 20 two days ago. A little rust, but nothing that can't be fixed. Let,s keep this thread going.

Rattler said:
Glad to see some LJ,s around.
I have a LJ 20 and a LJ20 V. Just got the LJ 20 two days ago. A little rust, but nothing that can't be fixed. Let,s keep this thread going.

Are you on LJ10.com?

where can i get body parts for  an lj20,i am being sold one with a chevy sprint 3 cil.but the whole front body needs to be restored

midwestracer said:
wow let ma have one i love it all of them if your ever in my neck of the wood stop by would love to see them
If you're ever around southwest KC (Lenexa) you're welcome to stop by and see mine.

And I do have an LJ20-V I could be persuaded to part with.

And, if anybody's interested, here's a quick vid of a coupla stock LJ20's coming up a steep, loose gravel hill at Disney, Ok. in 2010.

http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/skyhiranger/wheeling%20pics%20and%20vids/?action=view&current=LJscomingupahill.mp4

zukisuzi said:
[thumbsup] Your's has long been one of my all-time favorite Suzukis!!!  8)
Thanks, bud, I love hearing things like that.

Just got him back together with a new coupling between the transfer cases. THIS one oughta hold up. Plus I replaced the stock Samurai 2nd tcase with a 4.9 geared unit that I took outta my Sammi. Took him around the yard a bit ago and he seemed fine. And, with the new tcase, he's got a 200:1 crawl ratio.

He's back in the shop right now to swap out the 8" beadlock wheels for 10" aluminum wheels. I need the beadlocks for the Q78's I'm putting on my Sammi.

I need to update the specs in the first post, he's had some changes. And I'll try to get some new pics in a week or so.

A coupla pics w/ the aluminum wheels and to prove that he's still alive.
100_0975.jpg

100_0974.jpg

He has two major problems right now that are keeping him off the trail:
1. That gawdawful Weber carb. Keeping my eyes open for a '89-'91 Geo Metro fuel injection setup.
2. The motor mounts are Rockrat's poly tcase mounts and they're way too stiff. They transfer all the vibration to the frame. I originally had stock Sammi tcase mounts but they flexed way too much. I got a set of Polaris mounts I'm gonna try to see if I can hit a happy medium, but that'll wait until I install the FI.

A coupla things I need to do:
1. Pitman arm. Need to make a custom one. The one on it is a celica big end welded to a Sammi small end. It's too short and the angle is wrong. Got some Celica arms, just need to do it.
2. OTT steering. I got a RR unit on it and the angle between the knuckle end and the tie rod end is unacceptable. I either need to put a small twist in the RR arm or put on a TT setup that I have.
3. Seats. It's got stock LJ seats in it. They're made for little tiny people. Even at 5'7", I sit a little too high and too far forward. The mounting needs to be 2" lower and 2" farther back, but that entails cutting 2 sections out of the bed floor behind the seats. Mebbe some day.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom