Oldest Built Suzuki

Smuz

I thot people might wanna see an old Suzuki that's built a little bit. It ain't quite ready for prime time, but it's close. And I'm pretty freakin' proud of it!

Basic Vehicle:
1972 Suzuki LJ-10

Engine and drive train:
1.0 liter JDM 3 cylinder engine w/ Weber and custom 2" exhaust
Samurai 5 speed tranny
Stock transfer case
Stock 5.667 final gears, welded rear, locked front.

Suspension:
Samurai rear springs
Samurai rear springs up front
Home-made drop shackles
Samurai shocks in rear, Crown Vic (I think) shocks in front.
Extended Slip yokes on stock drive shafts

Body:
3" body lift (put on to make mods easy, will be reduced as much as possible)
Samurai seats, steering column, wipers, and wiring.
Jegs fuel cell.
on board air.

All kinds of other mods.

Cool, ain't it?

Attachments

• MouserToy2.webp
    MouserToy2.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,779
Looks nice. What is the top speed now with the mods? My uncle has one but it isn't practical for road use as it tops out at 45 MPH.

ddement said:
Looks nice. What is the top speed now with the mods? My uncle has one but it isn't practical for road use as it tops out at 45 MPH.

Haven't a clue about the top speed. I didn't put a speedo back in the gauge cluster and it gets a "death wobble" above 50 mph, and I'm a wuss at high speeds in such a short wheelbase rascal. A panhard bar iz unner construction.

Yer uncle got one huh? Do he wanna sell it?

nc_zuk said:
That is one cool ride. Great work. Wanna trade? ;D

Thanks. No, I don't wanna trade, this thing is like one of my kids. I love it and it drives very nice. I forgot to mention the Toyota power steering.

john1974 said:
Nice, but looks to much like Heep to me.... 

Now THAT'S insulting!!!!!!!! The body is 100% stock Suzuki. No Heeps were sacrificed or harned during this build.

Smuz said:
Haven't a clue about the top speed. I didn't put a speedo back in the gauge cluster and it gets a "death wobble" above 50 mph, and I'm a wuss at high speeds in such a short wheelbase rascal. A panhard bar iz unner construction.

Yer uncle got one huh? Do he wanna sell it?

I tried to buy it from him but he gave it to his grandson and he won't sell it. It has been sitting in the yard rotting away for the last 4 years. :(

GTI Samurai said:
wipers on top how does that work?

linkage thru window frame, motor on top or manual crank

Works very well. Samurai wiper moter bolted in stock position, Sammi wipers and linkage (shortened a bit) and it looks and works just like the stock setup.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom