Oldest Built Suzuki

Marshall said:
Super Sweet and Unique.  The more rare they are the cooler they are.

Where do you go wheeling around Kansas City? 
I'm in Omaha, and I'm still trying to find places to wheel without having to drive 5 hours.

Haven't found much around KC. There's Kansas Rocks park in Ft. Scott (70 miles), Tuttle Creek in Manhatten, Ks. (150 miles), and a bunch in the Missouri Ozarks (180+ miles). I'm always looking, tho.

littlebigZUK said:
  yes most defiantly, as soon as the sami is drivable, doing a 1.6 swap right now. waiting for a weber carb and intake to get here. hope to be done this week.  still have some small things to do and maybe put a new front clip on it. I may just do that later. Ill let you know.

i want another sami maybe we can work something out if you want to get rid of one ?

Hell, none of mine run right now.

Mouser (the LJ in this thread) is in the midst of a front axle rebuild and intake modifications.
Henry ('87 Sammi) is torn apart for YJ install, 5.38 gears, cam, and Sargified intake.
Wilson (the stock LJ10) is operable, but waiting for shop room for new springs and tune up.
Barbie ('96 X90) is waiting her turn for a power steering belt and find out why check engine light is on.
Whacker (Son's '89 Sidekick) is in the later stages of a D-44 SAS.
Sancho (other son's LJ80) is in the middle of F8 to F10 engine swap.

I need a bigger shop (but then I'd just have more projects).

Warpig said:
WHERE CAN I GET A BODY LIKE THAT FOR MINE??????????????????? ??? ??? ???

They show up on Ebay from time to time.
Plus, I found 2 in southern Missouri just from driving around with my stock LJ in the back of my pickup and having sumbody say: "Hey! I know a guy that's got 2 of them there things fer sale".

dusty said:
someone ought to make a mold and glass some of them..would sell like hotcakes at ihop.

Only place I know is Weiss Design in Germany.

http://www.weiss-design.de/

Shipping wud prolly get right in yer knickers, tho.

I'd love to see sumbody in this country do it.

Sweet looking rig!  I'm sending you a P.M.,
I-Zook is working on bringing back the "feature rigs" section again.  Be a great one to start off with!
There's a guy up the road from me that has an old LJ and no matter how much I bug him, he just WILL NOT sell it.

Smuz is definatly a guru when it comes to the LJ's, i've been building my rig with the help of his tech on lj10.com

LJ's are like crack, u always want more, i just got another one for a trail rig for this winters build.  Here's last years build, but im returning this to stock for a full restore. Mine arent as cool as Smuz's, they're not as old and came with a 4 stroker

This is the one getting the full treatment:  1.3L FI, 5 spd, 4:1 case, hybrid kick axles w/5.13's locked, full exo cage w/safari rack. custom springs, fuel cell and body mods.  Build began on Boxing day, going along well

Bad Zuk said:
Cool, Very Cool.
Even my wife liked it.

Now THAT's one of the best comments I've had. When yer WIFE likes it, things go much easier.
My wife walked out in the shop today and saw Mouser with his front end off and the front axle out and I thot she wuz gonna cry. She won't bitch too much about me spending time in the shop (or a little money on parts) as long as I'm getting Mouser back in shape.

hehehehehehe.

Holy crapola! I didn't realize this thread was still around.

Well, Mouser still lives, kinda, but he's gone thru a buncha mods since my first post.
Lemme see if I can remember 'em:
1. Body lift was reduced from 3" to 1".
2. LJ axles replaced w/ stock geared Sammi's, Welded rear/locked front
3. YJ springs w/ custom built hangers.
4. Dual tcases installed, front=LJ10, rear=Sammi, with custom frame mounts.
5. Proly more stuff I don't remember... it HAS been a while.

He was doing good untill this last July, when I took him to Silverton, Co. for the annual LJ10.com meet. He was just off the trailer when he shelled out the coupling between the transfer cases. He spent the rest of the week on the trailer while I rode parasite with other people. Now that I've just gotten a lathe, I can make a much better coupling that should hold up swell and he'll be back on the trail by spring.

He doesn't get a lotta use. He's mostly a trail rig and I have a well built Sammi for rock crawing. Mostly he goes to the annual LJ10.com meets. Next year is Idaho.

Some mods to come:
1. FI and get rid of that nasty Weber.
2. Better power steering pump mount.
3. That's about it.

I can post a few more pics if anybody wants to see 'em.

Ruby beat me to it, but here's a couple more. One in the shop and another from Moab.

Attachments

• 100_0684.webp
    100_0684.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 655
  • P7080411.webp
    P7080411.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 589
And a nifty vid of Mouser pulling a broke jeep up a hill in South Dakota in 2010.
Said jeep had bragged that he was bringing a tow rope so he could pull broke Suzuki's.
Kinda got his breakfast fed to him, he did.  [thumbsup]

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/lj10dotcom/2010%20LJ%20Meet/?action=view&current=2010LJmeetVideo012.mp4

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom