Oldest Built Suzuki

Little update.
Took off the stinking Weber and threw it over in the corner of the shop. Was gonna pee on it but decided I might be able to sell it later and recoup some $. So I just gave it the finger and covered it up.

Built a new adapter and mounted one of those Toyota 1200 carbs on him. Fired right up and seemed to run very well. No stumble at all and very smooth. Drove it around the yard a bit and it seemed to do great. We'll see how it does on the trail later this year. 

Since I started building this thing in 2004, you should appreciate that I don't rush things.  ;D

I'll post some newer pics sumtime before 2018. <snicker>.

Well, spring has sprung and I needed to move Mouser to the back of the shop. With a minimal shot of ether (to save the batt) he fired right up and ran happy as a clam. I moved him out back in line w/ the rest of my Zuks.

Since I'm retired and don't go to work or much of anyplace else, I'm gonna use him this summer as casual transportation up to the liquor store :) and shopping mall.

But he's still alive and doing well.

just to keep this thread alive, here's how I haul my LJ's:

Gonna do some work on Mouser in a bit and will get some vids of him.

Smuz date=1136586223 said:
Now THAT'S insulting!!!!!!!! The body is 100% stock Suzuki. No Heeps were sacrificed or harned during this build.

No worries. It is. Great ride and like you said it is  a  Suzuki in heart and parts
That guy is probably envious or jealous.

Great Suzuki. I wish I had it.

Well, the poor baby has been parked for too long. He;s full of spider webs and leaves.  :o
And won't start. Crap!
Need to get him into the shop this winter and get him cleaned up and back in shape.
Thinking of a coupla changes...

Get rid of the dual tcase setup and just use a 4.9 Sammi tcase. He;s a trail runner, not a rock crawler, he doesn't need a 200:1 crawl ratio. Nor does he need the heat build up.
Get the 12 gallon fuel cell out of the bed and replace it w/ an 8 gallon fuel cell recessed in the floor of the bed to regain bed space.
He don't turn for poopoo. need to make a new pitman arm to allow full turning.
Thinking seriously about replacing the Samurai 5 speed w/ a kick/track auto. That'd be interesting.

The biggest prob w/ a vehicle like Mouser is that ya don't wanna use it. It's too freaking nice and unique to damage. So ya leave it home and take yer old beater Sammi to wheel. And then he just sits and deteriorates.Crap!

I need to change that.

Smuz date=1414873213 said:
The biggest prob w/ a vehicle like Mouser is that ya don't wanna use it. It's too freaking nice and unique to damage. So ya leave it home and take yer old beater Sammi to wheel. And then he just sits and deteriorates.Crap!

I need to change that.

That last time I remember it wheeling (possibly the last time it was wheeled), you were running it through the Rock Garden at KSR and crunched the rocker panel.
I think you are still crying about that one. [stickpoke]

Yep, that was the last time I had him out.
And yes, yes I am still crying. That incident was when I made the determination he wasn't gonna do no more rack crawling.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom