Master Sgt. Art Lilley aka NC_Zuk killed in Afghanistan (official information)

For those of you who haven't been by his site, we put together a little slideshow on Rockrat's site... www.rock4xfabrication.com

The world has lost a hero and we have lost a great friend.

The family is in our prayers.  May Jesus Christ be their strength.

I havent had a chance to say anything yet,

I am probably one of the youngest members of this board, i joined when i was 15 and did not even own a vehicle, i asked so many questions before i even bought my first sammy, i showed all of my friends Art's samurai as a picture of what i wanted my little blue one to look like when i was done, Art always gave me the time of day when i had a question that would probably have been self explanitory if i would have actually owned a samurai. He inspired me to build my zuk and get into this hobby

He will be missed greatly by this board, i too looked up to him, the Lilley family will be in my prayers,

It has taken a while for me to try to put into words the loss I feel personally, And after Days and Days. I still don't know how to express the feelings. Art and his wife invited me into their home when I was at a all time low in my life, and it meant more to me knowing someone out there cared about me.

Art was one of the guys that was always at the top of the list of people I wanted to see and talk to when I got to Zuwharrie.

I will Miss him

Eric

It's taken me a long time to be able to type this...it's really hard the passing of a very close friend is always going to be hard, but Art was even harder, he meant a lot to everyone who even began to talk with him. Thinking of Art only brings one thing to mind... American Soldier by Toby Kieth. It fits Art just right down to the wire, every word of that song fits into place.
Rest In Peace Art Lilley Hope to see you again someday! :\\\'(

W.W.J.D. said:
. Thinking of Art only brings one thing to mind... American Soldier by Toby Kieth. It fits Art just right down to the wire, every word of that song fits into place.
Rest In Peace Art Lilley Hope to see you again someday! :\\\'(

I agree. I heard it riding to work the day after the first Memorial Service. The song had always brought tears to my eyes anyway. Now they pour when I hear it. It is a great song about great people.

Blue Ridge Runner said:
Saturday morning while at Tellico we took the time for me to read the two poems that were written here by jersyzuks and rockrat.

Thanks Jimmy, that means a lot to me.  I wish I could have been there, I know you did a fine job

I have been away from this forum for quite a while now due to other interests and life in general but after receiving the e-mail about Art's sacrifice i thought I would also send the Lilley family our condolences and let them know that they are in our prayers today.
I have friends that have served in Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces and one was wounded badly in a roadside bombing...I also pray for ALL the soldiers there who continue to fight and hunt down those who seek to destroy our way of life.

God Bless

Blue Ridge Runner said:
I agree. I heard it riding to work the day after the first Memorial Service. The song had always brought tears to my eyes anyway. Now they pour when I hear it. It is a great song about great people.

I think of Art every time I hear it.

i wasnt Arts best friend but a friend none the less and for some reason i still cant bring myself to believe this about him being gone;

Art was my SUPERMAN he was everything i wanted to be and more, when i never saw the clearance ahead he did, when i couldn't continue another step he showed me that i could go five more,  i feel as if i took our friendship for granted and should have done more. Since Arts passing i have given up skydiving for a while so that i may spend more time with my Families at home and here at Zuwharrie i will not take another friendship for granted. I may disagree with you all on something but i love you all and the friendships to develop.

Now that life has resumed some sort of normalcy I have a few things I would like to say.

First I would like to thank everyone that has taken time to post up about Art and the memories they have.  It helped me to get to know the  man that I never really got to know.  Can not deny the fact that he was a great man.

Next I wanna thank Rawlings for everything he has done and will do. 

R/T I said it on the phone.

Special thanks to Rockrat, Jersey Zuk and and his cousin Dan for taking the time to driving to PA

Everyone here has been great with the support during these hard times. 

Just know that as long as we think about him once in awhile he will never really be gone.

It's the least we can do he was (correction....still is) part of our family and with out him this family would never have gotten together.

If there is something i can do or get from this end that you might one (a t-shirt or badge or something representing the tour he did) just drop me a PM and I will get it for you.

steve

Wow, I don't check in near as often as I used to but this is terrible news.  There are a few guys on here that I talked with more than others and Art was one of them.  He even talked me through installing my OTT steering that I bought from him on a Sunday and I know how important his Sundays were to him.  One of the main members here I was really wanting to and looking forward to meeting.

From my time talking with him, he seemed to be a great man and even more importantly, a great family man.  He had his priorities straight and I had a lot of respect for him. 

My prayers go out to his family and friends. 

Geoff

I just got this today on another board. I've snipped a bit of it since this man is still in country and there was info there that I don't feel needs to be broadcast in a public forum.

How do you know Art Lilley? I was there the day he died. I meat him one day, the next he was gone. We put on a great ceremony in his honor at the fire base later that night. Not one soldier/sailor or airman on that base missed the tribute to Art.

RLTW...
Rich

To All. I am deeply saddened by Art's passing. Art was a hero of mine in his life as well as death. I'm comforted by personally knowing Art's faith in God and I take courage, praying that God will give the Lilley family the strength they'll need in the times to come. To the Lilley family, please know that Art positively impacted more people than you can imagine and that you all will be lifted up in our prayers. Regards, Spike

spike said:
To All. I am deeply saddened by Art's passing. Art was a hero of mine in his life as well as death. I'm comforted by personally knowing Art's faith in God and I take courage, praying that God will give the Lilley family the strength they'll need in the times to come. To the Lilley family, please know that Art positively impacted more people than you can imagine and that you all will be lifted up in our prayers. Regards, Spike

As part of who you know as Nc Zuk's family whom i knew, no, know him as uncle artie and he will always be artie to me i know that your support has helped me and my mom and has contiued to help us i never got to do this while i was at my gram's and when i met Rawlings but i know that Rawlings your still on here and i want to thank you personaly for the beautiful job you did at my uncles service and i wanted to thank you also for being so helpful to my aunt chris and my granparents thank you again Rawlings for being such a wonderful man and thank you to every one else for your support

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom