Introductions please!!

Not sure how this site works, but I am new and would like to say hello.  I have an 86 samurai and I am almost done rebuilding it.  I have added a holly efi and am working through that right now.  Heading out for a few hours to get some more wiring deleted and cleaned up.  Been a fun project over the last few years but am excited to be finished soon.  Hoping to try to start it tonight.  Fun stuff.  Cheers. View attachment 0.webp

Welcome! Your rig looks great. [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  How about some pics of the efi setup? Would love to see what that looks like, What did you do for an adapter to mount the throttle body on the Zuk maniold?

New to the site. Was a Jeep guy at URE, but make the Suzuki switch last fall. I'm a Jimny guy now and won't go back! Primary rig is an '89 JA11 convertible that I imported, mostly trail ready. Full roll cage (interior), lift, rock sliders, upgraded engine to the slighly more powerful 657cc F6A.! It's a blast! Looking forward to the April opening and hitting the new trail. Will post pics if I can figure out how. Yes I'm a boomer!

Updated 03-08-23 with pictures
Brand new in June 1987, On a Mountain Trail in the late 80's, No top this Fall 2022, and a picture of the original punch card that came new with this truck.

Sorry for the re-post?

updating [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Reply #1215[/font] ? Tuesday, Jan 24, 2023, 09:02 PM

***ORIGINAL POST***

First post...Original Owner 1987 Suzuki Samurai...owned since June 1987 with 10 miles.  All original...found my original file with the loan terms and bill of sale:  11.5% interest rate for new cars in '87 and the listing for three options:  (1) Carpet - $150, (2) Back Seat - $230 and (3) Two piece fiberglass top - $1241.  Great 4x4 that I drove daily from my twenties to almost my 40's in traffic and on the weekends at the beach and mountains around the South East,  Never let me down [thumbsup] .in snow, mud, or sand.

Time, marriage, family, daughter in college...let it sit for too many years to count.  Finally, done with paying for college and have resurrected the old girl and decided to get it licensed this month.  Mechanically (125K miles, original engine) not many changes except the new Holley carb as part of the mechanical refit. 

Original red paint in passable shape after 20+ years of no washes except those provided by mother nature. Plan to start the cosmetics this year:  New to me Audi Leather seats with the heating element, (tight fit), new top, windjammer and cover for the cargo area.  May try to rehab the top as it is not in too bad of shape - except for the friendly neighborhood kid who shot the plexi-glass passenger side window with a BB gun.  Not sure as to the easiest way to find a replacement for this large window.  Other thoughts:  possible addition of an AC as the passage of 35+ years has made it hard on both of us to stay cool.

Suzuki motors was always ahead of the curve.  When I found my documents, I had forgotten the factory provided punch-card with all of my vehicles critical data in pre-internet data format (will post later with the rig's photo).

Thanks

[redsamuraif] [doorlessred] [lwbred]

Attachments

New here

Name is Brian

Bought my first Samurai in 2007 (still have it) and have owned a few more.
Rodent chewed the wiring and it stayed parked for the last 6 years. Kids and other obligations put it on the back burner.
Kids are grown and son recently bought his first Samurai, I helped him with some wiring and replacing the dash and decided I should get mine back in shape.
Currently sitting in the garage with dash out and working through the wiring harness repairing the chewed spots.
Next on the list is pulling the heater assembly out and giving it a good cleaning.
Then clean the fuel system out, put fresh gas in it and see if it will run.
Ultimately plan on RUF and putting it back on the road (in the past I drove it back and forth to work quite a bit)

My name is George Bianco. I live in Rhode Island and recently bought an 88 Samurai to work on/ restore. I joined here because I saw an online post as I was searching for bolt size chart, but can't seem to find it here. Need to figure out how to navigate the site I guess.

Hey guys I've been away for so long I had to use the " Forgot my Password" thing.
Anyway I put my rig back on the road planning on doing a camping trip or two if things work out.
Looking for inspiration on a tailgate table figure there's no better place than here.

I'm a Polie, now is Ocala, FL. I lurk but I can change, if I have too.

Ps I'm posting one of my fav recipes

Creole Turtle Soup
This is a classic Creole turtle soup from New Orleans. It's super easy to make... once you have a turtle. See the recipe notes for some suggestions.
Prep Time
20minutes mins
Cook Time
3hours hrs
Total Time
3hours hrs 20minutes mins
Course: Main Course, SoupCuisine: American, Cajun Servings: 8 people Author: Hank Shaw
Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds turtle meat on the bone, or 1 1/2 pounds boneless
4 bay leaves
Salt
1 cup flour
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 celery stalks, minced
1 green bell pepper, minced
1 1/2 cups minced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
One 18- ounce can crushed tomatoes
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup chopped parsley
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Grated zest of a lemon
Black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Instructions
Start by making the turtle stock. Put the turtle meat into a large pot and cover with 8 cups of water. Add the bay leaves and about a tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil and skim the scum that floats to the top. Drop the heat to a bare simmer and cook until the turtle meat wants to fall off the bone, about 2 to 3 hours.
Remove the meat from the pot and pull it off the bones. Chop as coarse or as fine as you want. Strain the turtle broth and put it into a pot set over low heat to keep warm.
In a Dutch oven or other soup pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and stir in the flour. Cook this, stirring almost constantly, to make a roux the color of peanut butter, which will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the green pepper, celery and onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the chopped turtle meat and stir to combine.
Stir in a cup of the turtle stock at a time until you the soup is the consistency of gravy. Add the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and paprika. Add more turtle broth until the soup thins a bit. It should be thicker than water, thinner than gravy -- like chicken and dumplings if you are familiar with that. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
Finish the soup with the sherry, parsley, lemon zest and hard-boiled eggs. Add them all, stir to combine and simmer for a minute or two. Add salt, black pepper and lemon juice to taste. Serve alone or with rice.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom