Introductions please!!

Good afternoon all, My name is Dan and I am the proud owner of a 98 Tracker 4x4.  It's my 2nd "Zuk" I originally had a 90 Tracker when I graduated basic training in 92.  Currently in the process of dropping in a new motor and getting it back on the road. Should be a couple days!  Look forward to learning and sharing my Zuk on this forum!

Hello everyone. My name is Koen. Just wanted to post pics of my 87 Samurai. My first car lol. [black_s] [doorlessblack]

h08sM7XRtYASx6am7X8zPUwnDKn2bRboEhRtfXItfxJqnVepAnmZx6VMtF-8w0Q3eXdcLxnmcuqyAanCu3tbQyorB5tALhXoaIjj0lQM2F2o5F4jYreFZRNzqfJgdBE75Cb9NMAWhusGdH5uppFCJ4W3oV7E81iSh37ZWhxZTVzIHXlVwIy8KwxNYPD_rOYt9QaWiHUfaL9S2Y_nAxxZ49iI7HUDWJ1tgFkpqF_aKLEq14B20IvjqQoASJ73A2b625EcX2v1MH_GdLeTmwfLTWaWaYgDlqfbLA8S9dDChhzfiZRRDCpuIWT89ghrXjxAAzxHAEEMq8UTm34MeX2rrJxbkGWatoLtytIZf9xUp6gGjeh_586Z9dPblBrhXkVJs0gHC1g7M7m6Q_XlcMvLQS5NiGAEWrMw4nVTaYqGH1FD-Hu4iNQbwEM7CgicdCKU8JWDoz2HSHRhCHXUFTqF7CbO_ebe0P_Iq-UoSpcDQkdTkyxFd8_U1wcY-yDCoz7m2qsD6ZTRJmlIdkN6nYW8Zi6-7BI19CK-X-h8mSZ09_W4gmjvrmstqjEDgyDFz_mJsrbDxA17Ef5jS5XJgPS9wRLTssAgrmH3p8JBU9x1dE-RXyIrY2LzI5JNIQapTmgP0ghjplpITQUJgyxOG06ZI6xB2pFBAAZcibgs22TCC0MLFhdSoFOocub-VwA_YNLcOQET0ofF5GPsRpuakQKLAbBJ=w700-h933-no

Whats good Zup. Yeah that was me I am just tinkering with my Samurai right now. Can't drive yet since im still a Sophomore in High School. When I do get a license I am planning to replace the entire Exhaust System. Probably get a Cat-Back setup for a little more power because I am also going to switch to Fuel Injection

That's a nice little samurai. Just my 02. Before you start buying stuff. make sure to ask a lot of questions here. A cat back on this will do nothing but waste money. There isn't enough power in these to make a big difference. The stock exhaust will give you a little better low end. A header and 2" will help a little more on the top end. but with those tires. basically any thing much over stock. There isn't a lot you can do with a stock motor. I had to go to a 16v 1.6 to get my old zook good on the freeway. I ran 5.1 gears in the rear T case and was on 33s. You are going to love the samurai though. The things you can do to these are almost endless :)

ZupZupper said:
Welcome Koen!

...Did someone spraypaint your exhaust tip black?

That's gonna smell _nice_ when it gets warm =)
I painted mine with black grill (high temp) paint years ago and never spelt anything. Looks better than rust. LOL

Thanks for the tips, guys! I plan to do an 8 Valve Conversion soon. The Samurai is currently running 29x10.5 Super Swamper's so I need to change the gearing first. I know the 16 Valve is more powerful, but the 8 Valve is very similar to the 1.3 I believe so parts are interchangeable. Right now, I am focused on getting this thing back to looking decent again so replacing the worn-down trim, getting it repainted, and just basic stuff in general.

Hello, I currently have a side by side but wanting to swap that for a Sammi.  Where we ride there are more and more restrictions against side by sides on road so it makes it difficult.  Also want something for doors off hot summer days here in TX.  Can't do that with a side by side.  Anyway nice to be here, going to post some questions in the technical forum about what to look for in order to get started for the build I want. 

I'm George Bearden. I'm so 'old' around here I'm like new. What I mean is that I was into wheelin' back some 25 years ago, when I got my '88 zuke. It was tired old rig. I been modifying it since. Except for the last 12 years. I haven't been on a Zuke forum in 12 years or so.

My health went south. Sweetie died. Moped around a while. I can't get around much, I use a walker. Zuke is stored in my backyard.

I have built up the engine, lots of small mods plus a rebuild. Isky cam, flat-top pistons, DT header, large CAT, pipe and muffler. Some porting, port matching. Kept all the smog and original carb. I took the time to make it work correctly, it's very smooth.Lifted with springs, longer shocks front & rear, anti-wrap bar, lockers, 4.16:1. 31" BFG Muddies. Later 5th gear.

Some of the early guys on here may remember me.
I live in Fresno (central calif).I wheel mostly in the Sierra, Mojave desert, Baja and the dunes on the beaches here'n there.

GeoB said:
I'm George Bearden. I'm so 'old' around here I'm like new. What I mean is that I was into wheelin' back some 25 years ago, when I got my '88 zuke. It was tired old rig. I been modifying it since. Except for the last 12 years. I haven't been on a Zuke forum in 12 years or so.

My health went south. Sweetie died. Moped around a while. I can't get around much, I use a walker. Zuke is stored in my backyard.

I have built up the engine, lots of small mods plus a rebuild. Isky cam, flat-top pistons, DT header, large CAT, pipe and muffler. Some porting, port matching. Kept all the smog and original carb. I took the time to make it work correctly, it's very smooth.Lifted with springs, longer shocks front & rear, anti-wrap bar, lockers, 4.16:1. 31" BFG Muddies. Later 5th gear.

Some of the early guys on here may remember me.
I live in Fresno (central calif).I wheel mostly in the Sierra, Mojave desert, Baja and the dunes on the beaches here'n there.

Hey George!! I was wondering about you not long ago. Sorry for your health and your Sweetie. But glad to see you here. We'd love having you around, wheeling, Zuk, or not. So stick around!!

First post...Original Owner 1987 Suzuki Samurai...owned since June 1987 with 10 miles.  All original...found my original file with the loan terms and bill of sale:  11.5% interest rate for new cars in '87 and the listing for three options:  (1) Carpet - $150, (2) Back Seat - $230 and (3) Two piece fiberglass top - $1241.  Great 4x4 that I drove daily from my twenties to almost my 40's in traffic and on the weekends at the beach and mountains around the South East,  Never let me down [thumbsup] ..in snow, mud, or sand.

Time, marriage, family, daughter in college...let it sit for too many years to count.  Finally, done with paying for college and have resurrected the old girl and decided to get it licensed this month.  Mechanically (125K miles, original engine) not many changes except the new Holley carb as part of the mechanical refit. 

Original red paint in passable shape after 20+ years of no washes except those provided by mother nature. Plan to start the cosmetics this year:  New to me Audi Leather seats with the heating element, (tight fit), new top, windjammer and cover for the cargo area.  May try to rehab the top as it is not in too bad of shape - except for the friendly neighborhood kid who shot the plexi-glass passenger side window with a BB gun.  Not sure as to the easiest way to find a replacement for this large window.  Other thoughts:  possible addition of an AC as the passage of 35+ years has made it hard on both of us to stay cool.

Suzuki motors was always ahead of the curve.  When I found my documents, I had forgotten the factory provided punch-card with all of my vehicles critical data in pre-internet data format (will post later with the rig's photo).

Thanks
[redvertside] [redsamuraif]

Updated 03-08-23 with pictures: 
Brand new in June 1987, On a Mountain Trail in the late 80's, No top this Fall 2022, and a picture of the original punch card that came new with this truck,

Attachments

Welcome GTMB!
Good to have another OG member.
I still have and drive ( when I can ) my original 87.
Bought it in August of 87 with 22 miles ...... I put 20 of those on it for the test drive.
We're on the wrong side of 300,000 now.

Hey everyone. Dan and Tonya here. Been wheeling for years. Currently have a 91 samurai that is pretty well built, not by me I admit. Also have a 2002 grand Vitara with a mild lift and 29's. Wheeled every trail in Uwarrie, Daniel trail backwards. Last, not least is my 91 3/4 ton suburban on cucv axles, 4.56 gears, 37 inch maxxis razr's, 5 inch lift the right way, crossover steering and other stuff. See you all in April, bringing the Vitara.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom