Introductions please!!

variantworkshop said:
I'm newest here and have just purchased a tinroof 89 Sidekick JLX. My name is Ryan. I live in Southern California, and I picked this this thing up to act as my get around town daily driver/ introductory adventure vehicle.

Welcome!

Good day all. I'm new to this community and I'm need of some advice. I recently purchased a 1992 RHD jimny with the F6A JA11v turboed engine. Motor was knocking and pulled pan and found #3 bearing melted away. Long story short im having difficulty locating parts for this jimny. I ordered a used motor off ebay but it has a blown head gasket and this is the motor I wanna repair. Any suggestions and also what would be the going price on these. Kinda cool being a RHD 4X4. it's in great condition except motor.

Newbie21 date=1616439335 said:
Good day all. I'm new to this community and I'm need of some advice. I recently purchased a 1992 RHD jimny with the F6A JA11v turboed engine. Motor was knocking and pulled pan and found #3 bearing melted away. Long story short im having difficulty locating parts for this jimny. I ordered a used motor off ebay but it has a blown head gasket and this is the motor I wanna repair. Any suggestions and also what would be the going price on these. Kinda cool being a RHD 4X4. it's in great condition except motor.
Ment to say im in georgia and also my name is Ty

Hello everyone, My name is Alan and I'm in Lewiston , Idaho. I'm new to Samurai's but have had several jeep's and early 70's bronco's. I'm 57 have two boy's and seven grandchildren (don't think they figured out what causes them) after seeing what side x side's go for! nope ain't doin that,so I have always like them and found one close by and bought it . now I'm making it mine so my buddies and I can drive the Magruder corridor this August. Short term I'd like to dial the engine in and make it dependable and make sure everything is copacetic ! Long term spoa swap a little larger tires 29 to 30'' nothing crazy and a VW diesel swap, It has to match my 78 f250 with a 12 cummins in it I like diesel's  Thanks!

[member=25038]alans87zuk[/member] 87  Welcome to the forum from a fellow Idahoan. [thumbsup]  I'm down at the bottom of the state. Did you purchase a Tin Top or a Soft Top?

alans87zuk said:
Hello everyone, My name is Alan and I'm in Lewiston , Idaho. I'm new to Samurai's but have had several jeep's and early 70's bronco's. I'm 57 have two boy's and seven grandchildren (don't think they figured out what causes them) after seeing what side x side's go for! nope ain't doin that,so I have always like them and found one close by and bought it . now I'm making it mine so my buddies and I can drive the Magruder corridor this August. Short term I'd like to dial the engine in and make it dependable and make sure everything is copacetic ! Long term spoa swap a little larger tires 29 to 30'' nothing crazy and a VW diesel swap, It has to match my 78 f250 with a 12 cummins in it I like diesel's  Thanks!

Welcome to the best Zuki place on the internet! Glad to see another VW diesel swap! Start looking for your AAZ or AHU now, their getting hard to find. BTW I've got a factory turbo 4x4 F250 idit of the '94 variety best of breed and one of the last idit trucks off the line. The 12v is good stuff too!

My name is Butch... I live in Southern California, and I, as of yet don't have Suzuki.. But I'm in the market for a tin top Samurai or Sidekick/Tracker as a TOAD (Tow behind) for my motor-home... I desert camp with off road vehicles with my kids and grandkids... I have a Baja bug, and it is street legal, but not much good for climbing in and out of on the streets... In my older age I want something with more upright seating and easy egress, but will still get around off-roading in the desert... So I'm looking for a tin top for storage security,,, I'm think I would prefer a mostly stock Samurai, but may have to settle for a SK/T... So any one wanna sell?

Welcome Butch! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 
I run an 88.5 Samurai Tin Top up here in the Southwest Desert/Mountains of Idaho. Have lots of fun with it. You will find that a small lift and some 29" tires will really help a lot with scurrying over the rocks and sand. A  4.16 gear set in the transfer case will just about get you any where you want to go. With 29's, 4.16's and a stock motor you won't have to beef up the axles.
I think your biggest obstacle will be finding something that will pass smog in Kalifornika. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

beekiller said:
Welcome to the Zu Butch. Best of luck on the search. You're welcome to hang out here, Zuk or not. ;D
Thank You.. I saw a nice one yesterday, and stopped and left a note on his door, to see if he was interested in selling... No call back
Butch

melbakid said:
Welcome Butch! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 
I run an 88.5 Samurai Tin Top up here in the Southwest Desert/Mountains of Idaho. Have lots of fun with it. You will find that a small lift and some 29" tires will really help a lot with scurrying over the rocks and sand. A  4.16 gear set in the transfer case will just about get you any where you want to go. With 29's, 4.16's and a stock motor you won't have to beef up the axles.
I think your biggest obstacle will be finding something that will pass smog in Kalifornika. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome and advice...
Butch

Hi Folks.

Proud new owner of a 1990 Samurai - pretty much bone stock and I?m planning on keeping it that way. 
Well...maybe/probably Old Man EMU lift springs/shocks and size 29 shoes sometime down the road, but that?s it as far as ?mods? go.

First thing I need to figure out is my issue with no reverse lights or side indicator lights.  Signals in the bumpers all work fine at least.  I?ll probably be asking for advise after I go through everything I can think of on my own like fuses, grounds etc. 

Attachments

• 0E957084-47A6-49DC-91EA-196E92A7EA64.webp
    0E957084-47A6-49DC-91EA-196E92A7EA64.webp
    462.5 KB · Views: 270
Hi. I'm  Dave Keehn and accidentally got into this when I was looking for a side by side for hunting and fishing and some overlanding.  I have a Jeep but my wife uses it and my fully restored no rust '74 MGB won't cut it in the bush here in North Central Alberta.  I picked up an '82 SJ410 Jimny Tin Top and I'm looking to go for a clean up and do some reliability work before any major changes.  It's pretty well stock including a lot of rust.  Don't really need much parts wise for now but I'm always looking for advice on the 1.0 F10A and preserving some of the stock running gear and making it bush worthy when I can and replacing/upgrading when I can't.

SJ140.webp

Hello Community,

I'm Ron and finally got around to signing up after a dozen and a half years of lurking. I mostly like to keep my rigs stock sans tires, reliability upgrades, and some light armor. Currently rocking 90 and 92 trackers and a 73 FJ40. I met my wife some 20 years ago driving my old FJ40 and she had a Tintop Tracker. We married, had kids, sold off the FJ and Tracker long ago. Last year she bought me my current FJ40 for our 20th anniversary. This year (last week) I returned the favor (kind of) and bought her a Tracker (92 auto) after searching non stop for an auto that wasn't $6-10k+(everyone seems to believe theirs has under a 100k miles on them). I ended up with the 92, that may actually be on it's first ODO spin as there is no wear to be found. The 1990 is my 13 yo son's and have been teaching him diagnostics and repair along with how to drive (off road only). I tow it to the mountains with my FJ40, and he drives it once we get there. Glad to be back into the 4x4s after decades of breaking my back on dirtbikes.

Hey yall, my name is Matt Reno. I live in Alexis, NC. I've been in here for a while, but have never spoken. I'm married, 1 son from past marriage and 3 girls with my second. I got my 95 Geo tracker as a 2WD. Guy paid $400 for her. I have since lifted, then converted to 4WD. Now, I'm mid-process of doing a SAS. I can't wait to get back out on URE. I went for the first time last year and was immediately hooked. I ran every trail but the hardest. She surprised everyone, including me! I will upload a thread once I get on my phone to do so, showing all I've done to "Katelyn". She was badged a Geo by society, but God made her a Zuk!

James & Shelly from KY.  I have been driving Samurais since 1990 and just acquired my 4th Sami.  This one was mostly well-built.  One of the previous owners put Rubicon Express YJ springs and a 3? body lift.  The body lift is gone now but the RE springs have got to go.  She rides on 35s with a supercharged 1.6 (8-valve) and 4.62 R&P and 4.16:1 t-case.  Chromoly Longfields and Spartan locker up front with chromoly shafts and Spartan in rear.  Inoperable (at the moment) electric power steering. Much, much more!  I can?t get pics to post?. Could use
Some pointers.  I look forward to getting to know some folks in here and sharing info and hopefully some trail rides.
James

Hello.  My name is Brent.  I live in the Lower Mainland of BC Canada (near Vancouver).  I own a 1987 Tin Top.  This year is a big one as my son and I are going to do a body-off-frame resto and install a 1992 VW 1.6 turbo diesel.  I am looking forward to all the knowledge in this group and hopefully  I too will be able to help someone in the future 

warrpath4x4 said:
Hello all, I am new here and new to samurais. Names Shawn and I live in Prosser, WA. I just started a build thread on my new purchase.

Welcome to the addiction Shawn! Thanks for posting the build thread.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom