How to wire a push button start

i would remove the parts onder the cap for the horn since mine dont work anyways and im going to install i different horn via push button, i to would rather the second way to wire it, i carry a small but stroung megnet on my keys to identify surtain metals i believe it would work i defentetly plan to do this

Circuit diagram for Button Start and Clutch Bypass mods:

wiring_diagram.JPG

The left part of the wiring diagram deals with the "Button Start" mod.

Here, I indicated the use of a spring-loaded single-pole double throw switch.  This type of switch will allow you to use the ignition key to start the truck normally and also allows you to "jumpstart" the truck.  In the default Key Switch position, you can start the engine with the key.  Pushing the switch lever to the "Jump Start" position will cause the starter to run UNTIL you release the switch lever.

The switch in the Jump"Start" part of the diagram might be a little hard to find.  It may be necessary to go to an electrical supply store for it.  Auto parts stores and websites like Summit  might carry this type of switch.  You probably won't find one ar Radio Shack...

The Right side of the diagram shows the Clutch Pedal bypass.

This is a single-pole double-throw switch that, in the "Enable" position, puts the clutch pedal switch in the starting circuit for normal operation. Placing the switch in the "Disable" position causes the clutch pedal switch to be bypassed allowing you to start the engine wiothout actually putting your foot on the clutch.

You can extend the wiring on the switches as necessary for convenient placement.

IMPORTANT:
Note that the blue wire connected to the Yellow/White wire (as indicated by the blue square where they touch) does not connect to the Black/Red wire on the left sde of the picture! The drawing indicates that the blue wire passes under the Black/Red wire.  If they were connected there would be a blue square at that point.  Actually connecting those two wires together would be BAD JU-JU!.

I hope that this helps! 

thats an awsome diagram but not what im looking to do i can already start my samurai without he clutch put in i dont want to be able ot start it with the key cause than all someone needs is my key i like how jonnylonesome was explaining thats what i want to do

JonnyLonesome said:
I personally prefer the latter choice, as the average person would be unaware to your mod.  If you had my key(or a dent puller!) and attempted to start my car and the radio came on, but it didn't engage the starter, you'd prob think I had an actual issue to fix, and decide not to take my car cause it's a brokedown hoopty. ;D

But if you put the key in and it did nothing one might suspect some sort of anti-theft system is in place, and possibly try to find it and beat it and take your ride. :-[
What if there was resistance placed in front of the starter motor? After the switch was activated, it would then provide total power to the starter. But with the added resistance, it would provide just enough power to let it turn slowly, thereby making it seem like the battery was dead.

???

Think it would work? I'm trying to finalize my wiring diagrams and want to incorporate this RFID switch in a unique way.

you can always use a push in cigarette lighter as the secret switch. just wire it in between the push button and the starter relay. this way you dont even have to hide the ignition kill toggle switch. even if they flip it the push button wont work until you push the lighter in. and depending on how long it takes to start the engine up, you may even be able to light your cigarette after it starts. ;D

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom