How to wire a push button start

isbb said:
Look mom NO KEYS!!!

interior.jpg

Longacre ignition systems... one switch for ignition one switch for your ACCESORIES and one button to start it... you will have to find out the secret on your own...

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/gauge5.htm? check em out there... diffrent styles..
man it would suck to be going down the interstate and a song come on you just hate! that thing is petroworks all the way. really clean and super fine!

can anyone tell me what wires go where when wiring up a PB start and maybe an ACC switch? i think my ignition switch is bad and would like to do away with it, and i just can not follow the directions above. like, what do you splice the white wire with black tracer to? thanks
joe

That is one AWESOME looking rig.  How about the steering lock?  Or has it bee sooo loong since I was in mine to remember it doesnt have one?  I would still want a key to power everything so as to help deter theft.  If all it takes is to flip and push some switches anyone could take off in it?  Jim

That interior is incredible.... seriously... that looks good, I love that dash from petro!!

aircraft panel switch, red secuirty top cool.
actually you can just have a button thats pressed to start .
you dont need to flick a switch as well.

just take a look at the new renault cars lol

there is actually a HIDDEN security alarm to this... without a certain swift movement of a certain device to enable the ignition you aint goin no where... you will hear the fuel pump come on but thats it... :D  so you cant just hop in flip a switch push a button and go... there are HIDDEN secrets to this dash... :D  All the gauges are the usual... oil temp, oil pres, water temp, vacume, voltage meter, airbag pressure, shock adjustments...

Suzuki OffRoader said:
I makin some wiring digram mods, any orders?

I think my problem with starting might be the ignition and I've been meaning to do the push button starter anyways. I'll take one of those wiring diagram mods....either pm me or email me

Thanks
Steve

yea ill take a push start diagram because the ingnition i got is bad i think. when i turn the key the wire get red hot and melt the sudder off. ne idea's

I drew a diagram in ms paint, im 99% sure this is how its meant to be.
You will need:
Wire
Interconnectors
on/off toggle switch
push button

for instructions and to download,  email me or add me (msn)... timmy_dim_simmy@hotmail.com

it will also be avalivble on my site soon.

So has anyone come up with a wiring diagram yet?

And i'd like to get this straight. If have a complete stock engine no computer all I need is a switch and and push button. and the toggle switch will turn on the accesories and the push button start the vehicle. to turn the vehicle of just flick the toggle right?

Just want to be sure, with gas prices these days don't want to leave the zuk running all day at work, so i can get home at night ;D

Steve

the first page of this post pretty much covers it... just a couple sets of wires... one set that send the signal to the ignition the ON posistion one switch for the ACC then the momentary switch for the starter... piece of cake..  if you want to keep your key and steering wheel lock even easier... just take the wires outta the collumn or splice into them under the dash and insert a momentary switch and mount it..

sorry for bringing a thread from the dead but i have a couple questions about the push button start setup

i thought about it and the steering column has in the steering lock. this only deactivate when you push in the key and turn it to acc and fiddle with the steering wheel to deactivate the steering lock so im guessing youll still need the key?

also to stop the engine cant you just switch the ignition toggle off?
thats should cut the spark to the engine. no spark no combustion no power

when wanting to start you vehicle on nights are they toggles that has some sort of lighting systems? ???

are they two way switches that can on two parts at one time?. like if i had an elelctrical fuel pump. when i on the ignition toggle it would on the fuel pump the same time

and about the hidden switch. what would you suggest this hidden switch be connected to? the ignition curcuit?
so when you on the acc toggle then flick the switch, this should send the voltage to the ignition toggle. then when you flick the ignition toggle this should then send the voltage to the ignition system, then you should be able to start because they should be a spark

thanks alot in advance

? so by doing this is someone was to get in my suzuki and turn the kep all the way forwar to start it nothing would happen they would have to put it to acc and than flick the switch of press the bottom currect? ?

letsgomuddin85 said:
? so by doing this is someone was to get in my suzuki and turn the kep all the way forwar to start it nothing would happen they would have to put it to acc and than flick the switch of press the bottom currect? ?

seems so. it also seems that the only use for the key is to disengage the steering lock. 8)

? i think im gona make is to where ill do what the first post said but do it to a toggle siwtch than run that to my starter button so if someone finds the button still no power to it ?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom