How to wire a push button start

GRIZZ

After looking all over the web for a simple how to on this, and finding nothing that was broken down real simple like ??? I decided I'd write a real simple like how to on this one. :)

Look at the back of your ignition switch there should be 4 wire coming out the back. You will need to cut one of the wires and splice into another one of the 4.

1- Cut the black wire with the yellow tracer
2- Run the wire to one of the terminals on your starter button
3- Splice into the White wire with the black tracer
4- Run the spliced wire to the other side of your starter button

It's that simple, now you will have to turn the key to ACC then push your hidden START BUTTON. For added protection you can also install an inline on-off switch in one or both of the wires that go to the button (put these in a hidden location as well then the only person who can steal your ride is a real determined thief or one of your jacka** friends.)

Yes, you can do away with the key but you still need some sort of switch to provide power to the accessories and run the computer ;)

Look, you still need some type of switch to turn on power to the vehicle. I don't care if you do or don't have a computer. Without a power source you can't start the vehicle by just pushing a button

nc_zuk said:
Look, you still need some type of switch to turn on power to the vehicle. I don't care if you do or don't have a computer. Without a power source you can't start the vehicle by just pushing a button
exactly my point ;)

Look mom NO KEYS!!!

interior.jpg

Longacre ignition systems... one switch for ignition one switch for your ACCESORIES and one button to start it... you will have to find out the secret on your own...

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/gauge5.htm  check em out there... diffrent styles..

The dash was bought from petroworks.com its a replacement dash for the sammy's

Ill get the big camera out and take some decent pictures of the interior for ya...

sammy2.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom