Flip Flop Shop

Got the black jeep out for a few more weekends. It’s a different driving style, but I’m slowly catching on. Started working on the body this week. The blue samurai is awaiting parts. Never put ethonal in vehicles. But it’s alive and well. More to come soon

Attachments

• IMG_0226.webp
    IMG_0226.webp
    798.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9969.webp
    IMG_9969.webp
    570.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9792.webp
    IMG_9792.webp
    339.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0016.webp
    IMG_0016.webp
    241.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0005.webp
    IMG_0005.webp
    220.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9980.webp
    IMG_9980.webp
    118 KB · Views: 19
I've started a few other threads on a few other sites to cover the re-build on the black jeep. If enough people are interested, ill do a mirror of it on here.

Nothing else happening recently, I sold the commanche and the next day promptly bough a 2001 chevy 6.0 5 speed truck as the winter beater.

Thats about it. lol

What did you build the LS for? 5.3 or 6.0? Put a cam in it? The air compressor bracket assembly is cool. Have not seen it before. Aftermarket or fabricobbled? Looks good if the later.
What do you plan on using for management? What trans?
People say the LS is ugly but I find they look pretty good all churched up with some paint and detail work. The worst offender I think is the busy factory truck manifolds. They work killer, especially the TBSS just were not engineered for aesthetics at all.

What did you build the LS for? 5.3 or 6.0? Put a cam in it? The air compressor bracket assembly is cool. Have not seen it before. Aftermarket or fabricobbled? Looks good if the later.
What do you plan on using for management? What trans?
People say the LS is ugly but I find they look pretty good all churched up with some paint and detail work. The worst offender I think is the busy factory truck manifolds. They work killer, especially the TBSS just were not engineered for aesthetics at all.
The 350 TBI in the crawler had some sort of variable valve timing (no cam bearings) and wouldn't do a high range burnout with 5.38s and the tires you see above. I bought it extremely cheap for a v8 ton jeep on stickies because it needed a motor. I'm planning on driving it to the beach this summer. Its a 5.3 with Stock crank, rods, and pistons. LS7 lifters and rockers. I gaped the rings for boost, in the future, if I decide to go with an lsa/m122 supercharger, the block is ready. F-body pan and baffles. Its got a torque cam that comes in around 2300. I want the convertor to stall before the curve kicks in, This should help keep the tires planted when trying to crawl under low/partial throttle. Converter is a 2200 stall and It is in a 4l80e with a trans-go stage 2 shift kit. I'm running a stock computer/harness with an UltraGauge for a main display. I'm in the process of doing a whole new body control harness/relay board. 90% of the issues I ever faced in my projects was the shotty wiring harness.... That is getting fixed now.

Its a york mount from Daves Customs. I'm only okay at fabricating stuff. lol.

I totally agree. I was going to go all out on the hugger orange and decieded against it. I'm glad I didn't paint the block orange like I was going to. Everyone in the club runs a stock truck manifold because we never see over 5k. (Unless its snowing on the mountain!!).

I wish the TBSS's weren't so darn heavy. Dad has an AWD one and it is amazing for how much of a pig it is. If that ever gets wrecked, Im shortening the axle shafts and dropping the whole drivetrain in a second gen tracker. It will fit!! I measured the engine bay while his was apart for the cam!

Last edited:
Last night I sat the engine and transmission in the original 350 location and I am not happy with how it sets. I'm going to cut the floors up to do a complete flatbelly and move the engine over more to make more room for the front driveshaft. I'm still debating on doing a 2 piece front driveshaft, I'll know more when the atlas is together and on the transmission.

40.webp
41.webp
44.webp
45.webp
48.webp

Got some progress over the weekend. The input finally arrived from Advanced Adapters and I slapped the atlas back together. Then I went and picked up my 4l80e that finally got rebuilt. In a rush, I accidentally put the 5.3 to 4l80e spacer on backward and threw it in the jeep for mock up. (the first picture shows the spacer on correctly). I also threw in an ls swap radiator and I really don't like how the upper hose goes across the top of the hood. I'm going to get one of those Cross flow radiators and see how that works.

Sunday I started looking at that 8274 and I remembered how much the Old jeep overheated while driving down the interstate with the 8274 on top of the frame, so I cut the old mount started to recess it as low as possible. And since I off-set it to the passenger side to clear the steering box, it lined up perfect with the grill mount to use this as a suck down winch. After that I started on making a new set of motor mounts for the block huggers.

Yes, I know that I suck at fabricating. Bonus pictures of the samurai seats
54.webp
48.webp
51.webp
52.webp
57.webp
58.webp
60.webp
61.webp
62.webp
55.webp

I don't think there is a worst feeling than this. You feel so helpless. Law enforcement is spread so thin that they can never give it the full attention that is deserves. I am truely sorry for your loss. What makes it even worse is that is happened twice in as many days!!! Bold bunch of koque suckers. I hope you can recover your belongings and the bad guys are brought to justice.:mad:

I don't think there is a worst feeling than this. You feel so helpless. Law enforcement is spread so thin that they can never give it the full attention that is deserves. I am truely sorry for your loss. What makes it even worse is that is happened twice in as many days!!! Bold bunch of koque suckers. I hope you can recover your belongings and the bad guys are brought to justice.:mad:

You and I both. I was borrowing a friends welder and plasma cutter and was going to work on the jeep Tuesday after work, that was the biggest kick in the teeth I've felt for a while. I'm not going to be in my happy play working in my shop for the foreseeable future. Luckily after my first robbery, years ago, I kept lists of serial numbers.

We are currently working with law enforcement as much as possible. I'm really hoping for a speedy recovery and maximum jail times. Firearms charges, Arson, 2x felony breaking and entering, 2x felony entering. each hopefully.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom