TDI š™»?ššŽ?šš–?šš˜?šš—? Lime build!

SCORE!!!Ā  ;D ;D ;D

So, a guy near me has a rust free LWB samurai. His grandson ended up rolling it and trashed it, so the front half of the tub is crunched. BUT! the rear half from the center of the door back is salvageable. And I have the front half already.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Also getting some toyota axles with air lockers.

I love when I get those rare opportunities to use evil scientist laugh...its the best feeling in the world!
Nice find [thumbsup]

So. Thats that. I have decided to revert a lot of the changes I've done to this little rig. I have found a stock frame and a complete 1.6 8v engine swap to put the body on and to power it. Going back to the OME 2" lift SPUA, and using my samurai axles. It will keep the doubler though because having gearing options isĀ wonderful, and the tunnel is already built for it. The roll cage will stay, the dual batteries will stay. The goal has shifted with the build, basically wanting to go back to a low CG and rock solid reliability, but also to have something that is comfortable to drive VERY long distance trips. 1000 mile trips.

So, if any of you peeps want this chassis, TDI engine with mechanical pumps, suspension, Toyota axles,Ā and a few other misc parts, hit me up. I'm selling a BUNCH of stuff to clean house and fund the project.Ā 

Also, I do still have a line on a LWB tub and chassis, I can put you in touch with the right people if you want those!

SOLD SOLD SOLD!Ā 

I sold the TDI swapped green machine about a month ago due to my wife having some gnarly medical bills that we needed to pay...

But the good new?

I had money left over because it sold for a pretty penny!Ā  ;D ;D ;D

So much money I bought this!

View attachment NEW SAMI!!.webp

I'm still sticking to my original plan, back to basics! But this is leaps and bounds better for what I'm after. Its from southern Utah/Arizona and there is not a spec of rust! Perfectly clean!Ā 

There is a bit of a to-do list going on for it. Firstly is ditch the Weber carb (crab?) and replace it with a corrola crab from certified machine. Next is get rid of the damn rzr seats. I hate those things with a passion. Then the more serious change; swap the dana 30 and 44 (!!!) in it for stock spring under axles. This is a good setup, but I want light and low damn it! Once thats taken care of, lightbar, winch bumpers, paint the hood and flares, etc....Ā 

But she's a clean one! I cant wait to have some fun with it!Ā 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom