Photos of your Samurai loaded for camping/expedition!

First time seeing this thread. From a couple of autumn ago:

Attachments

• Fall Sami.webp
    Fall Sami.webp
    336.9 KB · Views: 153
Ha ha, it does look like that, huh?

No, that's a 4' ARB awning on the side of the rack, and in the rear of the rack is a oversize TentCot.

I now use an OzTent RV-1nstead of the TentCot, but I'd love to have a solo RTT (nobody makes one), and have toyed a little with modifying the TentCot to become one. I might put a longer awning on too; that's been pretty nice when the rain is falling.

Riptide said:

No, that's a 4' ARB awning on the side of the rack, and in the rear of the rack is a oversize TentCot.

I now use an OzTent RV-1nstead of the TentCot, but I'd love to have a solo RTT (nobody makes one), and have toyed a little with modifying the TentCot to become one. I might put a longer awning on too; that's been pretty nice when the rain is falling.

Yeah, wasn't sure looking from a phone. Sweet setup! Comes in handy for those hot, sunny trail breaks too. ;D

Riptide said:

Tent cot would be cool, I?ve seen it done on a Sami before. Personally I?d rather have the full tent though, room for a pupper, or another person if you need it.

Diesel_Zuk said:
Tent cot would be cool, I?ve seen it done on a Sami before. Personally I?d rather have the full tent though, room for a pupper, or another person if you need it.

I've seen it too, except they used a standard size tent cot. I like the oversize version, but it uses bows to achieve some headroom, and then the rainfly fits over that. Kind of tough to deal with on the top of a truck. But, I might try the smaller size. I like the idea of the unit going across the truck, so that I can keep the front half of the rack open for my two aluminum boxes, which is where all my clothes and soft lightweight stuff goes.

I should call my trucklet "The Burro". But my friends would corrupt it into Jackass...

Diesel_Zuk said:

That's the newly wed in you talking. ;D

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom