Last one to post wins

Just got this in a fortune cookie. 😂

1000019406.webp

Not sure where to post but the title seemed fitting. My wife passed away yesterday and while sad I know she is in less pain. After having issues following a colonoscopy she wound up in the ER. Discovered two different cancers at the same time so it was decided to tackle the CLL first to stabilize hemoglobin levels to be able to take the chemo and surgery for the ovarian cancer. After several months the numbers got better but still borderline. Last Friday we started the first round of chemo and a few days later had to go in for wound care for the bursting water blisters on both feet. Blisters were caused by water separation from the blood due to protein issues. White blood cell level dropped to near zero. Her body could no longer take it.

Married since 1975 so we basically grew up together. We both had been battling depression since our son’s death so it’s been a hard two years. Cherish the moments you have because we all are on borrowed time.

Ray

My sincere condolences for your loss. My first wife passed away after an 18year battle with Multiple Sclerosis. I can not imagine the heart felt pain of losing a spouse and a child in such a short time frame. Know that my prayers are for the healing of your heart.

Ray the bad memories do fad with time. The good memories will come to the fore front. It all takes time. People asked me how I coped with it when my wife passed and I told them one day at a time. I found certain things would trigger emotions and make me tear up and tug at my heart strings. After awhile I realized that the emotions were normal and that it was your minds way of telling you that you had a strong connection with this person. If it didn't affect you, you wouldn't be emotional.

My prayers are with you.

All my best, Stephen

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom