Acksfaq 96 Tracker FSM

hi ack !

just curious.
i found that many IE browser , can not see the files to view (pdf). 
the xxxxx.pdf.html page is devoid of any links.
and i tried many computers running ie 7 too.

then  i tried one with fash get and it works (clucky ) but ok.
what is the min, requirements to see the pdf files.

Xp , IE7 neat dont work.

thanks.

jtgh:

Not know...

I am using IE 6 and it seems to work.

Do you have a copy of a recent version of Adobe reader installed?

There is a possibility that there is an incompatibility in the pdf files that I created.  I will be happy to recheck any troublesome file that you, dear readers, can provide the file name for.

So, if you have a name for a troublesome file, PM me the filename or a desription of the section and I will check it out.

i will slick load a  XP partition and find out which config. , it dont like.

IE 6 and adobe 6,7,8,9  (one of these dont work.)
ill find it.

i have one machine the has flashget and it can see your links .
the main page loads
then i click any link xxxxx.pdf.html
and this page loads.
there is  a advertisement on top and a box below that is empty.
more later.
cheers

i nailed it.
any machine with Fixitread installed for Firefox , this kills , IE , adobe anything.

ouch.  we all use foxit.  its so fast and addiction. 
i will now learn on to marry adobe to IE and keep foxit reader on fire fox.

sorry , op error.

I just thought I'd stop by and mention that records for individual sections of the Tracker FSM are now being created in the search database.

This means that you will soon be able to search the Tracker FSM directly at Ack's FAQ!

There are a LOT of sections in the Tracker FSM project so I expect the link count to jump from around 565 to way over 600 when I am done in a few weeks.

;D

It is there - since May 8 2009 - at the bottom of the main index page:

http://www.acksfaq.com/trackerfsm.htm

Sections 8A-1 through 8A-203.

They have not been individually added to the database but Section 8A can be easily found through the above link using search strings like Tracker, Sidekick, FSM, tracker fsm and sidekick fsm.

Eventually all the sections will be individually searchable by their content - not their section name.  Since most folks don't have access to this FSM and would not know which section applies to what, it seems pointless to go through the effort of adding section names to the search string field when most users will never search that way.

Remember, I am - so far - doing all this for the love of my hobby and the kind folks who helped me early on.  You want fast?  You want better?  Put your money where your mouth is and use the donation button at Ack's FAQ!

To paraphrase Bill Cosby:  "I brought it into this world and I can take it out!"

jtgh said:
i will slick load a  XP partition and find out which config. , it dont like.

IE 6 and adobe 6,7,8,9  (one of these dont work.)
ill find it.

i have one machine the has flashget and it can see your links .
the main page loads
then i click any link xxxxx.pdf.html
and this page loads.
there is  a advertisement on top and a box below that is empty.
more later.
cheers

Im running IE with adobe and it does the same for me.

I have tried all the different generations of IE browsers running XP, vista and 7, failure to load everytime, If I run mozilla Firefox browser regardless of the operating system the pages load fully.

the newest IE and newest Fire fox both work
i use FF 10.0.2
i also use "foxit reader" plug in , so......??? v2.11.720

Ack's FAQ Update:

Although I have completed a prototype replacement for all site pages that display .pdf files, I am wondering if it may be possible that some users are having problems because they do not have Adobe Reader installed on their PC...

Anyhow, I'm gonna continue to test the crap out of the prototype for a while before starting the big (!) conversion...

the issues (user) its actually all the above. and the code dont work on very old IE's  it dont.  as posted above, and the reasons.....
active x
java
and PDF.
the best way to do this is keep it simple and avoid all that. (most)
just make a full PDF file with all pages
or in chapters ,  same as the book  .
then put direct links to the chapters using ONLY HTML. (not java or active x , just use PURE HTML code) if you need help with that ask...
then, all it takes is the Adobe reader ,(or any clone , i use foxit reader, and 4 others, including,  NITRO pub. Pdf xchange viewer or slime pdf reader. 

keep in mind others use Linux too. and mac , so the basic HTML links have the best mileage... for sure...
if you link it , the user can view it
or save it.
this allows them to read it off line, if the PDF reader Plug-in is DOA on their browser, (there are 10 browsers, so... that helps them)
works on New Iron and old iron....

hope this helps.

if you want ?,add my 3 pdfs to your page.  say contributed by Kickfix 2012. now its yours !  verbatim Ufiche Suzuki.

http://ac-vw.com/ECU-Kicks/

my buddy Chris gave me a spot on his server, here is a direct link to the folder and open browsing enabled.

happy trails to all, kickfix...

here is a direct HTML (works an all puters, mac,linux , windoz)
http://ac-vw.com/ECU-Kicks/89-95NA.pdf

The new template uses nothing fancier than CSS stylesheets and the "Embed" statement.

Actually, the old template is pretty much the same as the new one except that the old one does not use CSS to make the page format nicely.

...which brings me back to the user not having Adobe Reader installed.

I use PHP to handle the database searches.  It seems to work nicely - no user complaints on that page in 6+ years...

he moved them all again

to here
http://www.acksfaq.com/2016search.php

type tracker, see  old 96 tracker books. in PDF still there ,
and more...

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom