ZOOM July 2011- XtremeZuks (Cody Smith)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redidbull

Congratulations for winning the July 2011 Zuwharrie Owner of the Month!

How does it feel being honored along with the past winners?
I would have never thought I had a chance to win this privilege, thank you Jim (Redid Bull) for helping me get here and known on the forum.

So tell us about you.  Who are you, where do you live, and what do you do for a living?
My name is Cody Smith , I live in Lutz,FL and my father and I own Xtreme Zuks Offroad.

How did you get started in Suzuki?s?

It all started when I was 17, one of my classmates drove this thing at the time I had no Idea what it was and it was a white Suzuki Samurai. I became friends with this classmate which is Ricky (ricky93zuk) and at the time I was into full size jeeps. Well when my 18th birthday came around, my father called me and told me that I had a samurai I had to pick up as a birthday present. This is when the zuk bug bit me. I started buying every samurai I could find for decent price and I would fix it up and resale it so I could make money to fund my samurai, and now it has turned into a business.

How long did it take you to build your Zuk to what it is today?
I started building my zuk when I was 18 and now I am almost 25 now. My samurai started off with shackles, body lift and 33s and then I saved up $5000 and went to 36?s and did a frame off restore. Last year I did a complete change over, and went with yotas, 1.6 and 40?s and now I have about $14000 into my zuk but I am sure it?s not over yet.

What made you decide to go into business with Suzukis?
It?s something I started in high school and actually made me money and I also was working has a carpet layer with my dad during high school. My fathers carpet company of 25 years went under when the economy went south in florida, so we started working together buying and selling Suzukis. Then my dad started becoming friends with all the Suzuki companies and then we began being a vendor for everybody. We started off working in the dirt, then we saved up and got concrete and a lift and now we have a full shop. Business has tripled this year with all the companies helping us out and our website being launched this year. (Xtremezuksoffroad.com)

If you could have anybody else?s Zuk, who?s would it be and why?

I would want my friend Jeff Andrew?s (Jta77) Tin Top it is the cleanest one I have seen yet.

What has been your best wheeling adventure?
Every time I have been on a wheeling trip, I have never had a bad one so i would say all of them.

Who are you closest to in the Zuwharrie community?

Rick93zuk and Jta77

What other toys/hobbies do you put a lot of time into?
Building Suzuki?s at the moment is the only hobby I have time for at this time in life. I am not complaining haha

What is it about the Zuwharrie.com BBS that brings you back for more?
This forum helps me advertise my company and sell my products but the community is what I come back for, everybody helps every one out and compliments every bodies rigs.

What about the Zuwharrie Event would you like to see changed?

I plan on going this year for the first time and meeting a lot of people off Zuwharrie.

Contact Information:
Name: Cody Smith
Zuwharrie user name: Xtremezuks
Nickname: Tall 

Main Vehicle Specs:
Year: 1986
Make: Suzuki
Model: Samurai
Color: Orange

Driveline: Toyota axles, 6.5 transfer case, fuel injected 1.6 8v

Steering: Sky OTT

Suspension: 4 inch yjs, Sky YJ kit, 3in body lift

Tires/Wheels : 40x15x16 Agriculture

Armor : Zor bumpers front/rear and Shrockworks Sliders

Interior : Herculined interior, aluminum dash and plastic racing seats

Exterior : Orange Candy paint job

Recovery gear : None

Best Modification: Agriculture tires

Worse Modification: Boggers

Future Mods: Dana 60?s

Other Clubs: Xtreme Zuks Club

Comments: Thank You Everyone

Attachments

• zoom4 (Small).webp
    zoom4 (Small).webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • zoom2 (Small).webp
    zoom2 (Small).webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 754
  • knkjn(1).webp
    knkjn(1).webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 935
Congrats but you're not getting my zuk.

He is in the woods this weekend so may not see it until they get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom