Wrangler swap template on page 2.

The amazing thing is that the two templates that came from two different people are almost identical. And mine were made before either template was posted are identical to one of those!

Matt 8)

are there any pics of the finished product?  And Tippy, I'm assuming since you posted these diagrams on a public forum, you have no problems with someone using them to make their own?

chinweasle said:
are there any pics of the finished product?? And Tippy, I'm assuming since you posted these diagrams on a public forum, you have no problems with someone using them to make their own?

100_0829.JPG

Geoff

Vernon said:
Wow, I give up redrawing yours, it's completely impossible from that drawing.

So, I found my old template and measured it. Here's a usable pic from a screenshot of FeatureCam.

not to be picky,buuuut your missing Dimensions. ;D

need horizontal and vertical dims to the centers of you two radi on the corners or at least the radi of the corner.

i was trying to template that also almost got it done when the boss walked in  :P ;D

so im still missing measurements almost had it all figured out

You can get all the diminsions you need if you print the template right.? I loaded the gif into Paint Shop Pro 8.0 and set the print size to 77% and got it right the first time. ::) Now I have a 1:1 scale printout.? I also changed to a white background to save ink.

I need to know how some of you designed your M/L shackles. I can't afford any but I have time and material and definately TOOLS to do anything. thanks.  I wanna do ruf w/o spending a ton of $$$ thanks.

Mr_DIY said:
I need to know how some of you designed your M/L shackles. I can't afford any but I have time and material and definately TOOLS to do anything. thanks. I wanna do ruf w/o spending a ton of $$$ thanks.
;)
http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=offroadsuzuki&Number=1194328&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

thanks for the link bowtie... it seems to me that he did that the hard way. couldn't you just take some 1/4" steel and make two "stock" shackles and then bolt them together??

Mr_DIY said:
thanks for the link bowtie... it seems to me that he did that the hard way. couldn't you just take some 1/4" steel and make two "stock" shackles and then bolt them together? 
you could, no doubt. i think his solution, at least for the upper part of the shackle, is the strongest. those Y type shackles can be had for free if you look around and/or ask. IIRC, he used cherokee rear shackles. they're also the same as the K5 blazer front shackles. with his solution, u just have to make sure that bolt welded on as a stopper is 110% secure or you'll destroy a spring pretty easily.

ok, I think I gotcha..... I am gonna do the basic spoa and then decide if I make a set of em or not. maybe try and make a panhard bar as well?  we'll see. thanks

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom