Wiper fix...

ZUKIMON

Ok, here's what I got.
bluemule_0008.jpg

And this is what happens to a Zuki after the cancer takes over.
window_0012.jpg

One more....
window_0013.jpg

And, this is what I used because it will never rust, and it will be a long time before the frame rusts out that far.
window_0014.jpg

This isn't a good shot, but I was by myself, and was in a hurry. All I did was measure and cut it where I wanted it to fit. I then took some black RTV, and put it in place. I then fliped the whole thing over, and marked where the holes needed to be. And the rest is history.
window_0016.jpg

This is then end product. I plan on using rivets when I buy a gun, and take the screws back out. I ran a bead of Black RTV around the top, and sides of it to help prevent dirt and water from getting back there.
window_0018.jpg

If anyone wants to know why there wiper arms can be moved about three inches by hand, then you really need to take the frame off, and take a look at how everything works. I knew what was going on, but I didn't know that I could fix it without buying parts. The wiper control arm was wore out, so I put the little white bushing back in and used J-B weld to hold it in place. If you need me to explain any further, then let me know.

Todd, OK where do I begin? Have you ever taken the wiper motor out before? If so, then this should be easy enough, if not you will have to be imaginative. The wiper run off of two different control arms inside the windshield frame. These arms have a little semi-circle bushing that snaps over the backside of the wiper mechanism. This bushing is more than likely worn out on most of the Zuks in the States (I can't say world, as they still make them and they wouldn't be worn out if new), and can be replaced, or "fixed". the problem is this, they will stay attached to the ball, but come loose from the arm. All I did was to take it all loose and J-B weld the thing to the arm, so that it couldn't come loose again. It works like new wipers, and it's good till it wears completely out. I will try to find one here and show you some pics of what I mean. L8tr

too funny that what happend to me .. except i took mine apart with out taking th wind sheild frame off i straight cut all the metal back to good metal the dimond play I got halfa sheet for $10 heheh (good to have freinds that hate their job lol) so mine is now part of the frame and agian i used black silicon  but again great zuk minds think alike lol

Great minds do think alike, that is what I was thinking today, as I was working.  8) Got one up on you though, I got my daimond plate for $2.00 from a local recycling buisness.  ;D You know, I didn't even think to cut out the rust, I figured that it would rust anyhow wether or not I cut it out.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom