Transmission tailshaft bushing tool

Jurome

Hi Getting ready for the tranny rebuild and trying to anticipate all the things I?ll be needing. At work we have a huge lathe and milling machine with all the tools and nobody uses them! I have been doing lathe tutorials on YouTube and managed to complete my first project. It?s got a threaded end on the one end so I can screw in my seal driver tool for hammering or pressing. In the picture is my tailshaft bushing on the tool. 

I love the internet!

Attachments

• DB48FE01-F806-434A-863E-612BD50BE360.webp
    DB48FE01-F806-434A-863E-612BD50BE360.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 40
Thanks very much! Yes it?s quite funny trying to remember 9th grade metal shop?

After YouTube tutorials on tool setup, bits, rpm?etc?etc? it?s like ok? ?showtime?. My buddies at work are telling me to not lose any fingers lol. Just take things really slowly, check everything before I fire it up and be patient?dang I am really starting to love the idea of doing more on this setup. Basically a brand new lathe and milling machine and ALL the tooling you could imagine. Brand new. Then the guy that bought it for the company retired and it just sits there so I might as well start learning. 

If I come to a point I don?t know what to do I just stop, and fire up YouTube and look for videos from real machinists and tech school instructors. So far at every stopping point I?ve come to, there is a video that sets me back on track safely. Lol. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom