Toy Rear Axle Question

CVDLOC

So i am finishing up my YJ swap and ill be starting to save money for some Yota's. My question is with the rear axle and it being a Center Diff. I plan to keep a Stock Wheelbase when i swap these in, which means that killer angle on the drive shaft. I was thinking about just spending the money and picking up a rear housing from Trail Gear, but could i make this work without an offset housing? Eventually I will be lengthening the WB to 100" but that wont be for some time after the swap.

Another question is, If i go for the offset housing from Trail Gear, What do i need to make it work besides the third? I do want to do Disc in the rear but not necessary. Would it be worth it to find a front axle and grab an e locker rear third and go to the junk yard for the outer bits? or would it be about the same price or beneficial to have a complete rear axle to pick pieces off of?

Thanks for the help guys! Another quick question for you guys running yotas, did you guys invest in a front selectable locker? I was planning for Elocker rear and full spool up front using my hubs as my "selectable"

I'm running a centered yota rear.  Been usng a CV joint in the rear drive shaft that compensates for the angle.  Honestly would be much cheaper to pick up a used rear, and either run it or use what you need to make the new housing work if you are going in that direction.  I run zip lockers from yukon front and rear and would not want to go back to spools and lunch box lockers.  I run lots of rock and with the front selectable locker it makes steering much easier.  

I have built a few offset yota rears. I started because of the vibs.it is hard to run a Elocker up front becasue spring on pass side interfers with locker motor. This is with running yjs. It might would be possible with a narrower spring.  If interested in a housing pm me or call/text 919-353-076five

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom