TC Encore in 300BLK

talonxracer

Here is my newest firearm, a TC Encore chambered in 300BLK. not your usual setup.

It has a Choate butt and fore stock. The cheek rest is adapted from a Choate Ultra Varmint stock for a M700 bolt action and a Magpul QD barrel inset into the buttstock. I installed a piece of Magpul composite rail, AFG grip, and MSA sling clip to the fore stock. The sling is also a Magpul product a MS3 single QD. I have another QD barrel to put on the frame so I can use the MS3 in both dual point and single point configuration. She has a Nikon 2-7x33 scope. The trigger group has been worked over, ultra smooth takeup and crisp 3lb pull. What a friggin tack driver it turned out to be shooting Barnes 110gr Blacktip Tac-Tx. Far more accurate than any of the AR based 300blk's I have shot, and they are no slouch!  I will get a picture with a suppressor mounted up in a few days when I get a chance(and no the suppressor isnt mine, but my sons who lives just across the border in PA in free america)

IMG_1511_zps8dd9d62d.jpg

Barrel length is 16.5" and no that isnt a bipod, that is the Magpul AFG angled fore grip. I do have a Harris SBRM bipod that attaches to the front stock sling swivel, just that it is apart and hasnt had the Duracoat finished yet,

the muzzle blast is kinda intense, makes ya flinch, the muzzle is about the same distance from your face as a 10" barreled AR15 SBR. So I got a wild idea after looking at some SBR's and off the barrel went to ADCO the first of this week(and it is on its way back already) I am taking the rifle even further from social acceptance, and still stay NY legal, LOL, shortened to 13.5" and then a KX3 pinned on, the shoulder of the threads are right at the end of the forend. Gonna be a unique look for a deer rifle, LOL
Got her finished, I think I may need to spray some clear matt on the stock, it is a satin-ish finish now. Sshe surely looks anti-politicaly correct to me!

Nice. I want one. What suppressor are you using?  How loud is it compared to say, a .22? That's the only way I can gauge suppressor.  ::)

Would make a great deer rifle.

Just finished a 300 BLK in an AR-15 with a Nikon P-300 scope on Saturday. Nice little rifle. Weather has been so bad here I haven't had a chance to take it out to the local range.
Big fan of the T/C's. I have an Encore Pro Hunter in 300 Win Mag and 20GA slug. Also have 2 Contenders with 8 or 9 different barrels. Now that I reside in a state that allows you to own suppressors I am going to get one for my 22LR barrel and have it turned down to accept a suppressor.

I like the contenders too.
 My buddy has one with 45 70 and a .375 JDJ barrels that he uses for deer / bear. They do thump and have quite the fireball from the 15" barrels. 

Spokerider date=1475250292 said:
I like the contenders too.
My buddy has one with 45 70 and a .375 JDJ barrels that he uses for deer / bear. They do thump and have quite the fireball from the 15" barrels.
I have a TC barrel in 375 Winchester. I bought it because I have a Winchester Big Bore 94 in 375 WIN. Thought it would be neat to have one in a handgun, that is until I shot it. [lol] :o  That thing packs a wollop in a handgun. :-[  My arthritic hands can't hold on to them like they use too. It's hell getting old. :\\\'(

Thats a nice caliber / barrel to own in ? Contender or ? Encore. 

No hand gun hunting allowed in Canada, but we can and do hunt with the Contender in Carbine form with the 15" barrels. Nice and light, fast, easy to carry all day long. 

Nice little gun there  ;) up here where the deer are over 150 lbs undressed I'll still use a my .223 with 70+ grains in my Ruger American. For anything bigger I'll start thinking of other guns i have  either my Savage 99 in 300 savage or my 30.06. I have started using the GMX bullets offered by Hornady as he are a monolithic style round and contain no lead. They retain a lot more of the mass when they hit and expand. With the smaller lighter rounds for the .223  I feel more confident taking an animal cleanly and with less stress.  [approve] 

Spokerider date=1475333397 said:
Thats a nice caliber / barrel to own in ? Contender or ? Encore.

No hand gun hunting allowed in Canada, but we can and do hunt with the Contender in Carbine form with the 15" barrels. Nice and light, fast, easy to carry all day long.
My .375 Winchester barrel is a Contender barrel. I have since acquired another Contender frame and two more barrels. This one is set up as a rifle with a 20" 219 Donaldson Wasp barrel. It is a 30-30 Winchester necked down to .223 caliber.

I think my all time favorite in the T/C line is the Remington 357 Maximum. I have a 12" contender barrel and a 20" Encore barrel. This is a true 200 yard cartridge from a pistol round. I can shoot bullet weights from 110gr up to 200gr so far. The Hornady 140gr Flex Tips and any of the XTP's really shoot well.[thumbsup] Took it to Missouri last November whitetail hunting but did not get to use it.
It's a great cartridge for states that have regulations for handgun hunting that have to have straight wall cartridges. Much more powerful than a 357 Magnum.

melbakid date=1478489113 said:
My .375 Winchester barrel is a Contender barrel. I have since acquired another Contender frame and two more barrels. This one is set up as a rifle with a 20" 219 Donaldson Wasp barrel. It is a 30-30 Winchester necked down to .223 caliber.

I think my all time favorite in the T/C line is the Remington 357 Maximum. I have a 12" contender barrel and a 20" Encore barrel. This is a true 200 yard cartridge from a pistol round. I can shoot bullet weights from 110gr up to 200gr so far. The Hornady 140gr Flex Tips and any of the XTP's really shoot well.[thumbsup] Took it to Missouri last November whitetail hunting but did not get to use it.
It's a great cartridge for states that have regulations for handgun hunting that have to have straight wall cartridges. Much more powerful than a 357 Magnum.
Have you chronographed any rounds from the 12" 357 max Contender barrel? Perhaps 180 grain cast boolits? 

Spokerider date=1478536651 said:
Have you chronographed any rounds from the 12" 357 max Contender barrel? Perhaps 180 grain cast boolits?
No I have not.
Mike Bellm TC's in Utah, did both barrels for me. The pistol barrel is a Contender 12" 357 Mag barrel that he rechambers, rethroats, recrowns, and then if you want he will drill and tap out the base screws to #8 screws for your scope base. This makes for a stronger mounting for the scope.
The rifle barrel is an MGM 20" barrel blank that Mike has shipped to him and he performs all the afore mentioned magic on it. He will drill and tap for an EGW scope base.(highly recommended) It is a really nice looking barrel. [thumbsup]
I take it you are a Boolit Caster. [thumbsup]  So am I. When I get my shop built, I will be setting up my casting equipment again. I'm a big fan of the LBT style Cast Boolits.

I just joined a local gun club that has ranges out to 500 yards. So once I get set up I will be doing some load workup and crono work with several pistols and rifles.

melbakid date=1475301635 said:
I have a TC barrel in 375 Winchester. I bought it because I have a Winchester Big Bore 94 in 375 WIN. Thought it would be neat to have one in a handgun, that is until I shot it. [lol] :o  That thing packs a wollop in a handgun. :-[  My arthritic hands can't hold on to them like they use too. It's hell getting old. :\\\'(

Nice to see another 375 Winchester fan, mine's a Marlin 336.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom