T-case mounting

bunruh

So I am finally looking into doing gears in my transfer case. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the GRS II from Petroworks. That gearing appears to have a better high range than the 4.9 sumo gears from other places. This will benefit me as I have the early style transmission with the lower 5th gear. This along with my 30" tires should hopefully give me back 5th gear. If not, I'll be swapping in a late model transmission as well. My main question is I am planning on going with a ZOR transfer case mount, but am wondering if it is worth it to do get the driver side mount reinforcement done at this time. My current mount looks great and doesn't look to have any issues. Is it worth it do it? I figured with the cage from ZOR that it would transfer more of the force to the cage than the mounting point but I am not sure.

It all depends on what you do with the sami. If it's getting offroaded hard then yes, if it's a daily then no. Mine is 33's and 6.5:1 tcase, I don't beat on it offroad because I have to drive it home. I haven't bent the mounts yet.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom