Speed Bleeders: The real one man brake bleed kit!

axel9615 said:
it still is somewhat difficult to tell if bubble free fluid is flowing without someone to watch while you pump isnt it  ::)  :P  ??? ... lol  ;D

With the speed bleeder you dont need to see it; you hear it.  It will sputter and spit when air is comming out.  Or just do it enough times to get all the air out; it's way more simple than you are making it out to be.  :)

I'm sorry I didnt reply more quickly.  I seriously just finished my brake issues this last weekend. 

I too found the front speed bleeders work in the rear just fine.  I knew before that they theraded in fine but I couldnt test them to hold pressure untill my new master clyinder was in. 

ONE ISSUE:  the cheap aftermarket slave cylinder I put in does NOT work fully with the speed bleeders.  It's like the bleeder wont fully seat.  It threads in fine but I couldnt get it to seat fully.  I also didnt want to strip out the threads on a brand new slave cylinder so I didnt wrench on it super hard. 

morganm, I just purchased my first Sami and have some problems to work out which the brake system is one.  I was looking at your brake bleeder article and liked what I read but the pictures would not come through?

Can you email me the info and pictures (tilley_ed@hotmail.com).

Thanks
nemo

The 88 is a PITA to bleed. Must be the way the cross over tube goes from the slave to slave in the rear with only one bleeder and the angle of the slaves.  My master went dry and even with the speed bleeders was not having the best of luck. I then got a piece of clear vinyl tubing long enough to go from the slave to the master reservoir and pumped till there was no air and then some. I also jacked the rear up when doing them to help level the slave cylinders which are at an angle for some reason. This all sure saved allot of time being able to not have to take a break to fill up the reservoir. I just couldn't get the air out after pumping through more than a quart. Started with rear then RF and ended up with LF.

geckocycles the 88 is hard to get all the air out of the lines as I just found out. I had replaced the Pressure Metering valve and had to open all lines. I purchased the speed bleeders but they would not seat enough to stop the flow so I went back to the old ones. I had a friend help me and we were able to get most of the air out but still had some small bubbles. Will try you tube idea next time.

nemo said:
geckocycles the 88 is hard to get all the air out of the lines as I just found out. I had replaced the Pressure Metering valve and had to open all lines. I purchased the speed bleeders but they would not seat enough to stop the flow so I went back to the old ones. I had a friend help me and we were able to get most of the air out but still had some small bubbles. Will try you tube idea next time.

I got my bleeders from Spidertrax and they worked fine on both F&R

Marshall,

I have the same kit and it works...but... I always seem to have to do the "park the samurai on a hill with the front higher than the rear, master cylinder cap open, leave overnight."  I always get close but by morning it is perfect...

Agsiegert said:
Marshall,

I have the same kit and it works...but... I always seem to have to do the "park the samurai on a hill with the front higher than the rear, master cylinder cap open, leave overnight."  I always get close but by morning it is perfect...

I did use this kit again after my Yota axle swap.  I had to bleed them all twice to get a good pedal.  I'm kinda glad I did have to bleed them twice because I ended up flushing out all the old nasty fluid.

dabomb5756 said:
OK, since noone responded, i figurerd i could help the zuk community! I went and bought 4 Speed Bleeders, from HELP!. Part Number 12706. Thread Size M10 x 1.0 with a 33mm overall length.

BTW, i got them at Orelly Auto Parts for $12.84.

Advanced Auto now has these at $0.95!  :o

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=RNB&MfrPartNumber=12706

Kingpin said:
Advanced Auto now has these at $0.95!  :o

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=RNB&MfrPartNumber=12706

These don't look like the same things. They look just like normal bleeder screws and not spring loaded.

Well the p/n is the same given for the speed bleeder (from the post I quoted).  The other Help! brand SB are 1270_ (fill in the blank).  I just went looking for some, no one has the 12706's so I can't say for sure.

Kingpin  I tried the 12706 bleeders and had to return them. They would not seat enough to shut off the flow of brake fluid. I don't know if anyone else has had that problem but I would pull one of the front ones and take it with you. I found the length seemed to be the same but the threads were positioned diff.

Good luck I going to try SpiderTrax next to see if they will work.

nemo said:
Kingpin  I tried the 12706 bleeders and had to return them. They would not seat enough to shut off the flow of brake fluid. I don't know if anyone else has had that problem but I would pull one of the front ones and take it with you. I found the length seemed to be the same but the threads were positioned diff.

Good luck I going to try SpiderTrax next to see if they will work.

My ones from Spidy worked fine.
There may be issues with aftermarket slave cylinders not being the same as stock.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom