So you rolled your sammi .... heres what to do

I'm afraid of doing some things in my tin top just because it is well a tin top and no exo yet. I can't beleive they did that... make me want to cry

phoenix827 said:
No cage in the green one? In a compatition? WTH?

Yes  :-[  it was the first competition with more difficulties,  but, he learned the lesson and made a cage
endurance140.jpg

endurance146.jpg

endurance135.jpg

wow wut kinda lift is that guy running? it looks way higher then just yjs? maybe 2.5 inch lifted yjs? but then what are his driveshaft angles like?

Glad to see I'm not the only one rolling a Zuk ;) I did it in the mud, much friendlier to me and the Zukbody ;)

SamHeerdeRoll.jpg

SamHeerdeUS15.jpg

SamHeerdeUS17.jpg

I did check all the stuff in the initial post ( even before I read this thread  8) ), no problems there, not even oil on the pistons, so no mess under the hood except from the spilled oil from the engine-vent.

The next day I found my headlights not working anymore. Started to check the wiring and lightbutton ( which had been deep into the mud as you can see on the bottompic ) and found the sharp side of the fender had cut the wiring in two on impact.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Yep, working on the intended exo-cage now, had the plans and stuff ready..............................too late !!

;)

The previous owner rolled my samurai.  He said after that the thing started smoking all the time but it didn't smoke before that.  Is this common?  Could burning the oil off in the cylinders damage the rings?

Greg, great post, thanks for looking out for the new poeple that haven't had the pleasure of the roll over yet....... ;D

Patrick......

clemsonsuzuki said:
The previous owner rolled my samurai.  He said after that the thing started smoking all the time but it didn't smoke before that.  Is this common?  Could burning the oil off in the cylinders damage the rings?

Of the three rigs we turtled in Moab all three of them quit smoking in 30 minutes or so ...

The only way I could see it being permanent is if the P.O. did not cut it off when he rolled .

VA88ZUK said:
Greg, great post, thanks for looking out for the new poeple that haven't had the pleasure of the roll over yet....... ;D

Patrick......

Hold on tight and keep everything inside . Its not a matter of if you roll , but when  ;)

And thanks for the kind words .

I noticed my Zuk was steering "lighter" than usual and was "searching" for tracks ( always hard to describe how things "feel" ;) ), so I had my wheels aligned.....................1? off !!!!!!
After a long testride I still found it "different" so we started checking all nuts/bolts/brackets and found this:

SamUSSteeringdamper1.jpg

::) :o ::)

Welded it and now I know what difference a good steeringdamper makes  ;D

It's incredible how much of a blow the steeringcomponents get on a rollover  :o

My brother completely rolled our black samurai all the way over to back unto it's wheels. The body was really beaten up, but we were able to drive it back off the trail, and then all we had to replace was some of the springs/shocks. Though we sure rolled it hard.

? i seen a guy start to roll over in his samurai and put his arm out the window and pushed his self back to where all 4 tires were once again tuching ?

letsgomuddin85 said:
? i seen a guy start to roll over in his samurai and put his arm out the window and pushed his self back to where all 4 tires were once again tuching ?
Stupidest thing I did on mine was the same thing but with my foot out the door! when the cage goes in I am going to make sure there isn't enough room to get my foot thru there that fast again.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom