Rim Refurbishment

wolverine said:
if i would of asked my wife to do that she would probably throw something at me or give me one of those go to h@@l looks.

I remember those looks from my ex... and the loud sigh that went along with them. ::)

Did I mention.....I love my wife....she did a great job I can't wait to see it with the tires on and then on my zuk ;D

steve

well ty

Well not quite done yet but 2 down , 2 left to go whne he gets the tires off the other 2 I can finish lmao

content

Cheryl

Warpig said:
Paint his shoes.
WTH? Been to my house lately? ;)
Just a bit of background here, I mark out underground utilities now, Thats why I recognized the color so fast, and THATS why my boots are painted as well! (overspray) As for the wheel color, The plan right now is the same orange on the springs to go with the safety red I already painted the axles!! I may get some yellow from the gas co and do the rims too. ;)

well here is the finished work to all my hard work.

3 days of stripping old paint and repainting the rims, and now they are done and tires look great on the newly done rims.

Rims all done...woo hoo
content

Tires on and ready to be installed on zuk
content

Tires and daughter wanted in on the picture taking
content

Cheryl

Attachments

• rims 001.webp
    rims 001.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 514
  • rims 002.webp
    rims 002.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 525
  • rims 004.webp
    rims 004.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 501
Looks great!

I just bought some steelies for my Tracker, and they too are a little rusty over the chrome.

How well does the spray-on bedliner work / adhere? How is it for durability? I may be willing to try........

I just priced out sandblasting the four wheels at $100. Then the cost of powdercoating.....dunno the price of that, but it's prolly not cheap.

My wife was the one who did the work on the rims. and she took them down to the metal and the spray painted them with the bedliner

Not sure yet how well the bedliner will hold up yet cause haven't had a chance to test them yet. But I'm a huge fan of bedliner and if you do the proper prep work, it should be fine.

Not sure of the cost but it was about $7 (cdn) a can and we used 1 1/2 cans per rim (couple of coats).

Price up bedliner, paint and wire brushes (for drill) and see what it costs and go for it.
Steve

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom