Reloading

lots of info on those rounds .before you buy bullets for your 223 make sure you know your twist rate as it really matters for accuracy .some twist rates don't like some bullet weights. pm me and ill pass on what i know about it

Norzuki,
One of the best investments you can make is in reloading manuals. Hornady has a 9th edition out now. One of the most up to date with the widest variety of bullets and powders. Follow the recipes and start on the low side and work up slowly to the maximum load. Just because it says its the maximum load doesn't mean it will be the best. Just like any thing, be SAFE, you can hurt your self. Ask me how I know! >:(  Messed up a Desert Eagle .357 Magnum and a 1911 45 ACP. I thought I was being safe, but some times things can go wrong! Be diligent and don't get distracted when you are loading.
That said, it is fun when you start loading ammo and your gun starts shooting better with your own reloads then when you are using factory ammo.
Good luck with your new addiction [lol]  Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Hornady ,alliant, accurate lyman , IMR ,ramshot and hogdon. all these are given away free right from the manufacturer with all sorts of info

my Savage 12 has a 1 in 9 twist with a 24 inch barrel. I have tried hornady 75 gr Amax bullets with imr 3031 but my rifle did not seem to like them they did not seem to stabilize well , the load data said I could still up my powder charge but at the time powder was in short supply so next I tried the speer 70gr varmint using 23.5 gr 4064 which is a very common medium caliber powder this load came from the an old Speer 10 manual this load works very well in my rifle. also because its a flat bottom spritzer you can compress it a little to fit it into an AR platform rifle

http://www.browning.com/products/shooting-accessories/eye-and-ear-protection/sound-shield-mens-large-indoor-outdoor.html

norzuki date=1454272718 said:
just ordered this today from Gander Mountain................

for some reason the link will not work soooo.....

item number 423480

Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Lee-Breech-Lock-Challenger-Kit&i=423480
I use that same press and powder measure. The scale is not great though, you may want to consider a digital scale. Good kit to get into it though, over time you'll upgrade just like any of our hobbies.  

.............. well superbowl is over  and I tucked into this project before and after the game . BUT I AM DONE.! [lol]  well done for reloading .40 S&W  1800 rounds .. jeez that kinda got away on me . i found a box of 600 rounds cheap so I picked it up and then I also found online a bunch 500 shot once brass so I invested 25 $ and got a Mandarin orange box full of brass in the boxes  ;D. It took a while but its all loaded. I thought I was done until I looked into my tumbler and saw 100 or so to be done  ??? well i buckled down and got that done too. now if i could find a super price like that for 30.06 brass.  I hope in the next day or so my replacement stock from Boyds will arrive so I can take the stick of doom out and plink away at 600 m 

Attachments

• 39d7854f-282c-4b64-a613-ac46926dac1e.webp
    39d7854f-282c-4b64-a613-ac46926dac1e.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 927d68b6-1943-4c17-9f7b-4102fb12e6ef.webp
    927d68b6-1943-4c17-9f7b-4102fb12e6ef.webp
    43 KB · Views: 252
Ah, nothing like the Zen moment you get into when reloading. [thumbsup]   I have always loved the sense of accomplishment after reloading a big batch of ammo. ;D   The only thing that can compare to it is the smell of burned gun powder when you shoot it all up! [lol]

Diesel_Weasel,
How are you guys doing in the Great White North as far as powder availability? This old Newfie just picked up two pounds of Lil'Gun for my 7.62x39mm loads in my AR-47. Been having trouble finding it in SW Idaho. Most other powders are readily available. I was also able to score 500 123gr. purple tipped Hornady bullets from MidwayUsa at a great price. ;D  Apparently it was a one time run by Hornady.

Well life has been 6 sorts of messed up and tomorrow i take my sami off to the brother in law for him to keep . Long story. Any way today i tucked into some reloading got 1-- more .40 S&W done along with 45 30.06  before i called it a day . I still have some 300 Savage to do long with some more 30.06.  I also have about 100 .308 win to convert to .300 Savage.. but  My friend ho I shoot with is coming up from the coast this week so Ill be spending more time in the Room of Boom [red_s]

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom