Project: Long Term- XL7

Diesel_Zuk

Updated: no longer building a Sami, XL7 in the works, see later posts.

Bailed on my comanche project, and am hoarding Sami stuff again. Got a hood, tcase with evil twins, and some jeep coils. They are teraflex 2.5? lift, fronts are 21? long, 140 PPI. I plan to run YJ?s in the rear and have a set of crown 6 packs stashed in the garage.

I?ll be doing yota axles on this build, radius arms in the front.

I have a lead on a tub I?m trying to pick up, but need a frame yet.

Attachments

And then my wife wonders why I'm reluctant to punt my tin top samurai out the door....

Just looking at how you have to collect parts from various sources.....

Diesel_Zuk said:
but need a frame

I might have a lead on one if that roller you mentioned to me doesn't work out.

If that roller DOES work out I'll buy the axles if they're stock, if you're willing to sell.

[member=7044]westcoaster[/member]? sadly these parts were acquired from a late samurai owner who was a super cool guy, and a good friend of the original LowRange owner. I only found out of his recent passing as I pulled up to buy the parts and told the guy I recognized he was neighbors with said late neighbor, that?s when he informed me he is helping the widow clear out his stuff. I felt like I should?ve paid more, but I also don?t have a ton of extra money right now.

DZ is in Utah. Far piece from South Carolina.
Also glad you came back to your senses DZ and dumped the Heep project! [lol]
How much time do you want to finish this Zuk? I need to get the clock wound up and start the count down till we see a roller. ;D

Exactly why it?s named Long Term! The idea is to just slowly gather parts and tinker away when I have a little time here or there. So potentially quite a while!

Diesel_Zuk said:
Exactly why it?s named Long Term! The idea is to just slowly gather parts and tinker away when I have a little time here or there. So potentially quite a while!

My timer only goes out to 10 years DZ. At my age I doubt I will still be alive in ten years!! [lol]

Finally messed with the transfercase. I couldn?t get if I to low range when I bought it. Realized today the issue was the shifter sheet was still in. Removed it, dropped the twins down, got it to low, and to my happy surprise, it?s got 4.16?s!

Attachments

At minimum I?m sure I?ll need an entire upper end, so I?ve decided to just swap in an entire junkyard motor. Found one in Springville in a wrecked XL7, so I?m hoping that?s a sign that it ran and drove before the accident. I?m going to try to pull it this week if I can take a day off work.

Also robbed the gas door and put on mine since it was damaged.

Attachments

Originally yes, but then decided I needed something with a rear seat, and picked up this XL7. 

I do still want to do a Sami body on a 4 door chassis with a solid axle though, eventually.

Diesel_Zuk said:
At minimum I?m sure I?ll need an entire upper end, so I?ve decided to just swap in an entire junkyard motor. Found one in Springville in a wrecked XL7, so I?m hoping that?s a sign that it ran and drove before the accident. I?m going to try to pull it this week if I can take a day off work.

Also robbed the gas door and put on mine since it was damaged.
My wife has an 07 GV. Same motor. It made a lot of noise but it was just 1 tensioner that was bad. 1 $300 tensioner. The one on the passenger side cam chain. Good as new.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom