Plasma Cam?

Warpig

Ok, so I have been hunting for tractor grapples and parts and pieces but they are way to expensive.  Also, I've been thinking about a lot of artsy, functional, and experimental items that I want to build, but A.  I hate torch cutting (adhd and my cuts are as bad as my hand writing).  B.  I have the welding skill but hate the cutting aspect.  So I'm kicking around the idea of a plasma cam, plasma cutter table and set up.  I'm very compuper savy and know a good bit about the aspects of design and build (I just hate cutting).  So for like 5000-8000 i could get this set up.  Here are my questions to the general public.

1.  Would anyone use me for cutting one off items, and shipping them around the country for just a bit of profit?
2.  Do fab shops, equipment manufacturers (spider trax, trail tough, etc) use other people to cut little stuff that would bog down their shop and have them "crowdsourced"?
3.  Would I be able to make enough money selling artsy crap or custom work online or at flea markets etc?
4.  Could there be a market for odd things I would make and want to sell.

Basically I'm about 95% I want one, I just need some valid arguments when battleaxe asks about why i need it.  I have the capital, and I'm fixing to have more, I am dumping my 401k and gonna do something with the money.  So its not really the big issue.  Would I use it, would other people want me to use it and make stuff, and would it be worth it?

Just give me some thoughts guys.

1. yes; I'm sure you would see some of this.
2. yes; they already do outsource
3. dunno
4.yes; people like odd/artsy

freebird01/Jason, has one in his shed; you might pm him as to his similar experiences since he got his.

Cool, thanks E, I just found this that may make it a lot easier to convince the wifey

http://www.cgsystems.com/products-shuttle.html

Its compact, portable, lower cost.  I'm thinking of doing a set up trailer mounted temporary, so I can do like flea markets or trade shows.

I'll message freebird.

If you have any questions about the plasma cam machine, hit me up. I've built two of them and used the software quite a bit. I miss having access to one.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom