Pic problem post update to site

IanL

.jpg and .png are behaving normally, but .webp just show an icon which opens the "save" dialog instead of displaying. Happens with MS Edge and Chrome. Is it me?

Unfortunately that is one drawback of the software migration. Xenforo does not yet support webp format. A little reading suggests a coming release will address it. Honestly I'm surprised too!

Interesting, not sure I ever posted images in "webp"...why are some posts showing that way?
The old software, though a decent percentage of a decade behind the new in terms of overall development, actually *did* support webp format. Therefore a handful got uploaded prior to the migration. Surely xen will pick it up soon.

The old software, though a decent percentage of a decade behind the new in terms of overall development, actually *did* support webp format. Therefore a handful got uploaded prior to the migration. Surely xen will pick it up soon.
Hopefully.
I've got a thread with a couple hundred pictures that is now a nonsensical 9-ish page lump of gobbilygook. Probably wait to see if it does come back before carrying it on.
I'm not a web developer guy by any stretch, so I'm not the guy to understand the what's and the why's, but from the cheap seats its sure hard to see why this is a thing.

Last edited:
I'm not a web developer guy by any stretch, so I'm not the guy to understand the what's and the why's, but from the cheap seats its sure hard to see why this is a thing.
I won't disagree with that. I paid a premium from my own pocket to depart a dead software and carry on the site. A paid platform should support the newest technology. Anyway, the issue will be resolved, either through the devs or some home-brew workaround. 😁

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom