Offical AR type rifle thread

zukitough

Ask questions and I will do my best to answer them. I can help you with build ideas/questions. We can put links(from the for sale fourm or links and deals) to AR type parts sales or just show off your AR's.

Got some Pmags and a primary arms m3 clone today, I just couldn't justify spending the $$$ for and aimpoint or something.

jtaj77 said:
Got some Pmags and a primary arms m3 clone today, I just couldn't justify spending the $$$ for and aimpoint or something.
I have an Aimpoint clone and it works great so far, also look into NC Star scopes, cheap and reliable

My build from today, a .22LR dedicated AR:
IMG_20110208_212557.jpg

IMG_20110208_212608.jpg

IMG_20110208_212626.jpg

My parts kit didn't make it yesterday. UPS lied to me but it looks like its out for delivery today. That one is kind of different looking.

Looks like UPS is toying with me. It shows to be out for delivery but it's not here yet and they normally are here before now. :(

UPS came through, even if it was almost 8pm. :)

Got it put together and it seems to function as it should. Hoping to go shoot it Sunday.

IMG_0381.JPG

I took mine out to the pig farm today and put 240 rounds through it. What a blast it is to shoot. It really puts a smile on your face.

jtaj77 said:
I took mine out to the pig farm today and put 240 rounds through it. What a blast it is to shoot. It really puts a smile on your face.
get ready for the sickness! These rifles are fun. I shot up 400+ rounds today at the Army range. I'm beat. You should get a CMMG .22LR conversion kit for it. They are selling for about $130 at gun shows and CheaperThanDirt.com. It will make shooting easier on the budget and just as fun. I put 250 or so thru my .22LR on Sunday shooting my new plate targets I made.

as a pistol is there any way to avoid the long buffer tube sticking out the back?  If you put anything on it, it's considered a stock, then you fall under rifle rules and have to have a long barrel.

madbob said:
as a pistol is there any way to avoid the long buffer tube sticking out the back?  If you put anything on it, it's considered a stock, then you fall under rifle rules and have to have a long barrel.
They make buffer-tube less uppers just like the AK that uses a piston system. I know people on Pirate that have and can make them but it will be pricey. The cheap alternative would be to go with a short buffer tube system that extends only about 3" past the reciever. You do not have to have a 16" barrel on a rifle, it can be shorter(SBR) but you will need to apply for a $200 tax stamp since it would be considered an NFA weapon.
jtaj77 said:
I want to build a pistol next. I was thinking about a .22lr conversion.
With a .22LR conversion in a pistol format, you can get rid of the buffer tube and go with either a screw in plug or a billet upper that has not been cut in the rear.

I like it with the tube on the pistol. I think I'm going to the range Friday to sight mine in with some of the guys from work. One of them has a suppressor on his that I want to check out. Looks like I will need a trust and start saving some cash for some cool new toys.
:o :o

Nobody else likes to shoot thing? I ran a few rounds down the pipe today. Took both the ar and my ad9 to the range.

I've been looking at the Colt m4 22lr ops. I know is a great gun, but a friend that knows way more about guns than I do said to get the S&W that the Colts don't work well. Anyone know of any problems with the Colts? And, where is a good place to buy one on the cheap?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom