New audio system for my 1994 Zuk

Cookmik

Hi team thought I would outline the audio system I just finished.  It was easy until it got reallllllly hard.  

Boss Elite Touch Screen (got to have my airplay) with a detachable screen so I can lock it up.  The shifter is really close to the screen so I need to either replace it or bend it further away.
Audison down fire 10" sub prefab with bass volume integrated on the dash.
Front 5 1/4 RF 
Rocky Road roll bar pods RF 5 1/4 rear.

Still working on sound dampening and general interior stuff but I had nothing before this so for sure a work in progress.

Works pretty well Let me know what you think! 

Attachments

• 5C53EA57-A0C1-4F53-A16E-373EE788EBC3_1_105_c.webp
    5C53EA57-A0C1-4F53-A16E-373EE788EBC3_1_105_c.webp
    97 KB · Views: 69
  • 286D0303-EAAB-4591-8E48-F91CEFD8960F_1_105_c.webp
    286D0303-EAAB-4591-8E48-F91CEFD8960F_1_105_c.webp
    100 KB · Views: 58
  • FB151E5E-FCE7-430E-AF9A-E610F81E6426_1_105_c.webp
    FB151E5E-FCE7-430E-AF9A-E610F81E6426_1_105_c.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 61
  • F9C97E99-4496-4215-9166-7485A116CC8F_1_105_c.webp
    F9C97E99-4496-4215-9166-7485A116CC8F_1_105_c.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 50
Has the Boss stuff gotten any better over the past decade?  I've run into it a few times trying to help friends with sound systems, and the audio quality of whatever they use for amp sections has always been horrendously bad, even after accounting for the low price point of them.  Seems to somewhat acceptable if they're running external amps though. 

On the other hand, I may just have unrealistically high expectations of my music too, lol.  I've been through it a few times with Dad..he's one of those guys that's perfectly happy with a stock 90's car stereo setup as long as he can pop in CDs, and couldn't tell a difference between the setup in his '95 Ranger, and the full assortment of Boston Acoustics drivers and Sundown subs that I was running in the car at that time, other than much increased volume. 

Hey, no problems at all.  The sound is crisp and clear.  I mainly chose that because I needed it to be sturdy because the ones that come out and retract feel like I am touching paper to my ape hands.  That it detaches so I can secure it was the biggest benefit.  I will get a video of the sound hopefully it will be a good gauge of the actual sound.

Oh, I completely get the fixed vs flip out screen issue.  I've got to some pretty extensive lengths to get double dins in vehicles that were never intended to have them before to avoid having to run a flip out.  Heck, I even imported a double din bezel for the XL-7 from Japan just to avoid having to hack up the goofy rounded corner bezel that came stock in those things (the 03-05 2nd gen post facelift GVs and XL-7s). 

I have a similar set up to yours in the Samurai, though mine is one of the Android head units, made by Joying.  Single DIN chassis, 8" fixed touchscreen.  I wasn't so much concerned about audio quality with that one, rather that I wanted the ability to run Android apps, mainly navigation, on a larger fixed screen.  Some of these Chinese import units have gotten surprisingly good with their audio processing over the past few years, and the Joying that I run in the GV even having a decent DSP built in.  I know a good number of them ship with Pioneer audio ICs in them now too. 

The Boss unit wouldn't work for me regardless, as I'm pretty hooked on running HUs that run Android right on them (as opposed to Android Auto, or Airplay/Carplay), but it's cool to see the affordable stuff catching up on sound quality these days :)

How do you like the prefab 10"? Is that one with the Amp built-in an all?  Was looking at the 8" under seat for my tracker, have a boss marine radio with Polk speakers, happy with everything but the bass...

I love it.  It does have a built*in amp, I am not playing anything crazy but I have tested it and it suits my purposes perfectly.

I bought a new sound system for my Samurai ... back in 2007 prob ...

Stil brand new in my stash of parts !

lol

Amplifier, Receiver, Equalizer ... a box for two 6X9 coaxial speakers ... I will find the time to install it ... 👍

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom