My Poor Samurai.... (It's not feeling too good)

westcoaster

So for the first time since November 2018 I put insurance on the Suzuki Samurai and drove it around.
I had drained the tank completely and put 20L (5.5 gal) of fresh diesel in the thing.

It seems to sound healthy but it's smokey with a wet exhaust.
I have noticed a burning oil smell on first start.
(VW 1.9TD with no modifications)

Not sure if it is valve guide seals or stuck rings....

It also seems to have developed death wobble during its long slumber as well.
I suppose that could be a tire pressure thing...

Since this section seems to have slowed down a little I thought I would post up.
C'mon lurkers, Give me your thoughts!

Hi West Coaster,
I’ve ran this stuff before for cleaning and lubing my pump & injectors, might be a benefit if your Sami sat for awhile. Awesome to here your got it out again!
IMG_5801.webp

I have a 2005 Duramax Diesel 2500HD GMC 4x4 and one of the products that I have ben using with great success is Hot Shot Secrets EDT (Every Day Treatment). It is a stiction eliminator and cetane booster. One ounce to 25 gallons of fuel. A bottle usually lasts me a year. And it has a built in measurer.
I am very pleased with the results.
Amazon.com

I have a 2005 Duramax Diesel 2500HD GMC 4x4 and one of the products that I have ben using with great success is Hot Shot Secrets EDT (Every Day Treatment). It is a stiction eliminator and cetane booster. One ounce to 25 gallons of fuel. A bottle usually lasts me a year. And it has a built in measurer.
I am very pleased with the results.
Amazon.com
Not to derail this post, but I have a 2008 Duamax, much like yours... Being in CA, I'm always a little worried about how fuel additives would affect smog checks (Gas or diesel)... Any idea how this stuff would work with smog checks?...
Butch

Not to derail this post, but I have a 2008 Duamax, much like yours... Being in CA, I'm always a little worried about how fuel additives would affect smog checks (Gas or diesel)... Any idea how this stuff would work with smog checks?...
Butch
The area in Idaho where I live just stopped doing smog checks last June. Prior to that all I did was run the fuel tank to almost empty and then fill the tank with fresh diesel and run it for about 50 miles before getting a smog check. Never had a problem passing the test.

The area in Idaho where I live just stopped doing smog checks last June. Prior to that all I did was run the fuel tank to almost empty and then fill the tank with fresh diesel and run it for about 50 miles before getting a smog check. Never had a problem passing the test.
Thanks... That was what I thought I would if I went this route...
Butch

It seems that it took just a little bit of love to make my samurai feel a little better.

The fresh fuel and several trips around the neighbourhood seems to have cleaned up the engine considerably.
Death wobble was patched up by removing the front spring bushings and rotating them 180* in the housings....

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom