My new toy

norzuki

Picked this up at Gander Mountain ............ After Christmas Sale.
I have only put 20 rounds through it so far and I likey [thumbsup] 

Attachments

• AR .223.webp
    AR .223.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 396
I can't tell what brand that is, but on one of mine, ( a Bushmaster) I had to replace the butt stock as it wouldn't telescope out far enough for me. It probably would have if I could have found a rubber butt plate. But nada.

I have been using the cheap Tul Ammo through this one with no problems, although you need to keep it clean..

thanks guys ................ its a Bushmaster. After the Gander Mountain gift cards I paid a touch over $400 including the scope ;D

Man you stole it..... :o

Like I said, I didn't like the feel of the hard plastic butt plate, and the extension. And no one sells a rubber butt plate the will fit that bushmaster. You can jury rig one, but you have to drill holes in the plastic...... They also have a slip on, but it's to large for the small plate.....that's why I bought another telescoping one, which came with the correct rubber pad, and had more extensions.
    The Bushmaster is great shooting, and like I said, I shoot the cheap/dirty Tul Ammo for plinking, etc. and never had a problem if you keep it clean.

Best to you, you done good.
    Buddy

Thanks Buddy.......

I will be replacing the adjustable butt stock with a Magpul more than likely and I am installing a 15" quad rail this weekend.

15" Rail installed ... really not that hard to put on. It only has the picatinny on the top, but I can add additional rail if needed. I like this one because I don't need the rail everywhere. All I want to add is a flashlight/laser combo below the flash suppressor and thats it.

Attachments

• AR new rail.webp
    AR new rail.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 369
Norzuki,

That rail looks sweet!!
I have a lot of experience with MagPul stocks, and I like most of them. First thing is you need to determine if you have a Milspec or Commercial Spec buffer tube. Then decide which stock you want to go with.
I have a PRS, precision rifle stock. Doesn't collapse. but has an adjustable cheek piece and length of pull. Very heavy. I have it mounted on 24" barreled 6.5 Grendel. This rifle is heavy.
I have two ACS-L carbine stocks. These have a double lock on them to keep the stock from twisting on the buffer tube. Adjustable length of pull and nice wide cheek piece that will allow an excellent cheek weld. There is also a small storage compartment in the side of the stock. I keep a scope lens clothe and an allen key for resetting the zero on my scope turrets. These are both on 5.56's. One has a 16" barrel w/ 1 in 8" twist. The other is a 20" barrel w/ 1 in 7" twist rate.
I have two CTR carbine stocks. These also have double locks. The cheek rest is not as wide as the ACS-L but it is still comfortable to shoot. Having a narrower profile allows it to be more maneuverable in tight spaces. These are mounted on an AR-15/47 (7.62x39 Russian) and a 300 Blackout. Both with 16" barrels.
The last one is a MOE fixed rifle stock. This mounted on a 5.56 with a 24" barrel with 1 in 8" twist. This is one long rifle. But very accurate.
Hope this helps.

Its a commercial stock (has the slanted end)
Just ordered a commercial grade MagPul (FDE) and a grip (FDE). I will post up some pics once after it gets here and I put is all together.

Magpul Stock MOE SL Collapsible AR-15, LR-308 Carbine Synthetic

My next 2 things will be to paint the quadrail to match and add some flip up sights from Troy Industries

Attachments

• AR Buttstock - Grip - Magazine - Flat Dark Earth.webp
    AR Buttstock - Grip - Magazine - Flat Dark Earth.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 322
Norzuki,
Looks really good!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup] The painted rail will look great!! I'm jealous, all mine are basic black.
Women like "Little Black Dresses".
I like "Little Black Guns"! [lol]

norzuki date=1454662203 said:
Thanks Stephen.........
I will also be adding a LED flashlight & a laser in the future
Add a green laser you will be happier with it than the red laser. I have 2 red ones and one green. The green one can be seen really well in the daytime, can't say that about the red one. They both work well at night, although the green will project a lot further in a side by side unscientific test conducted by me. ;D

I would really like to get a green laser, but I cant find one for a good price. I see the crimson green ones for over $100 all day.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom