Just took the Miller plunge!!

Jurome

So I have been very fortunate to have had a Miller DVI-2 for the last 12 years and it has been the most awesome welder to have been learning on. So easy to use and great reliable Miller performance. However, my interest in learning TIG has had me yearning for more; yesterday I was looking for a small grounding pad on my clamp at the welding shop and noticed this beauty on sale...just happened to be around ?tax-return? time so this beauty followed me home. I pulled into the driveway with that OMG what have I done feeling and trying to find the words to justify to my understanding wife. Time to go back YouTube welding school!

https://www.millerwelds.com/equipment/welders/multiprocess/multimatic-220-ac-dc-multiprocess-welder-m30190

That is a VERY nice machine! Congratulations. [thumbsup]  :welder:  [thumbsup]  Been there done that with the wife explanation/justification/cause I really want a TIG/  scenario ::)  Not always a pleasant situation when you get home and start thinking what have I done? [lol]

Thanks very much! Yes when I told my wife how much it was she was a bit floored and said ?I thought it might be around $1500 for something like that but it was much MUCH more....? I?m not much of a spender, we don?t buy things on credit in our house, and like to think that we do a pretty good job of saving for a rainy day, so I don?t blame her for the shock lol. But when the husband says yes my old welder is amazing but it doesn?t do TIG, she?s like ? I have no idea what that is you are talking about.?

There?s a great review on YouTube by a pro that says it?s the ?buy once-cry once? last welder you will need...I liked that comment. But honestly, when I bought my first welder I had gone to a professional and asked his opinion on what to start with and he said to buy the best welder you can barely afford from a quality company, so that when your beginner welds suck, you know it?s you and not the machine, and then you can figure out what to do to fix your welds. And it worked for me...watched a lot of teachers on YouTube and eventually got to a good place...still learning big time. I struggle with overhead welding still. Last week I ran a beautiful bead over-head that turned out amazing...and I don?t know what it was that I did to make it work lol.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom