intake and exhaust manifold

bluecarpenter22

I've been trying to read as much as possible on the subject of diesel swap.  I've got a 1988 Suzuki samurai tin top that I'm going to be swapping into.  Should be getting my 1.6 NA vw engine towards the end of the month.  Im sticking with non turbo at for the time being.  It may be slow but I'm used to driving a Mercedes 240 so not a big deal to me.  
Any way my question is what manifolds is everyone using.  both intake and exhaust.  Acme is recommending exhaust be from a vw fox and early gas rabbit or sirocco carbureted intake manifold.  
I thought I had read some are using Audi manifold for exhaust.  just hoping not to break the bank as i slowly get the parts.  radiator is not a problem Ive got that.  thanks 

Why not just stick with stock and then see what to do once it's fitted.  The NA diesel isn't that much bigger intake and exhaust wise from the 1.8 gas.

I bought a custom built intake off Ebay made to order to my specs. Give the height of the tubes and the diameter of the plenum and inlet and they built it to that spec. Been working great on my 1.9 mtdi swap. Some individual out of Belgium iirc.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom