How to start your samurai if you lost your key

If you can't get your key to work your ignition, this is what you need to do.

Take off the plastic plate from below the steering wheel column.    The look at the back of the ignition switch where the wires are coming out.  You'll notice it is only held in by one screw.    Take out the screw and it will pull right out.    There is a slit right in the middle.  Stick a flat head screw driver and turn till its starts your sammy.

PICT0018_%28Small%29%7E0.JPG

PICT0015_%28Small%29%7E0.JPG

PICT0016_%28Small%29%7E0.JPG

ZUKIMON said:
This is OK, but I think that someone may try to steal one now.
could be, but i lost my key last  wkend on the middle of a trail, my friends tow me all the way back, that was not funny at all

No offense but most thieves know a sammy isnt worth a dime ,isnt fast to get away ,or common enough to blend in and samurais are kinda a neck vehicle how many brothers you seen in one?

zuk1972 said:
  No offense but most thieves know a sammy isnt worth a dime ,isnt fast to get away ,or common enough to blend in and samurais are kinda a neck vehicle how many brothers you seen in one?
like rednecks don't steal?  [smirk]

so even if it is stolen you can't drive it with this method.

I'm partly worried about my sammi getting sotlen, partly not. It's a one of a kind out here in SB, I've seen most of the samurais out here and I've seen one other that looks kinda similiar, but not really. still if mine was reported stolen it's stick out like asore thumb, must be the teddy bear on the front bumper :)

supazuk said:
don't worry about it getting stolen ... the column is still locked

would be quite entertaining to see some one hot wire it, take off, and realize that it doesn't steer, but if you have about 8 people you could just pick it up and run with it......

You may not be able to steel it with this method but if you remove the two bolts that hold on the ignition switch to the steering column it will  unlock the steering and you would be able to drive it.  If i wanted to steal a sami i could in 5 min but i have my own and i have morals

guner said:
You may not be able to steel it with this method but if you remove the two bolts that hold on the ignition switch to the steering column it will  unlock the steering and you would be able to drive it.  If i wanted to steal a sami i could in 5 min but i have my own and i have morals
I think that's what prevents most people from stealing stuff, the moral because having one samurai doesn't mean you can't have more :)

I think that if some pro car thief was high enough to think that steeling a sammy would be worth it, He wouldn't use a little Phillips screwdriver and a 10mm wrench or what ever you need. He would use the "any key" BF flat screwdriver in his pocket and smash the lock in 4 seconds just like any other car.

guner said:

Rounded bolt heads

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom