How-To: Neon Front Seats in the sammi (detailed)- 56k nope.

I did a set the other day. I wanted to keep the Neon sliders and adjustment bars. The samurai ones I had were crappy, so I I just cut some 2" X 2" sq tubing , drilled a hole through them and the floorboard, cut out the driver side mounts and bolted them in.

Excellent writeup...............I will be doing this here in a little while. Unless I score some racing seats in the near future LOL !!

Dave

Well seats are both in. It was a little work to get the pass. seat to flip forward but got it figured out and am glad we took the time. It is so much nicer to ride in know. Wife loves it to. Thanks to those that had pics and how to's it sure helped. Tomorrow will be the stereo. Thanks Mike and Dori

Attachments

• neon seat 2 (2).webp
    neon seat 2 (2).webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 622
zuk1972 said:
OK did the swap no problem cept the slider for rear access ill address that later but the bolt and shim that restricts the front tilt really isnt the hold up i havent seen the 2 door seats but u can tell by looking that dodge drilled a slot in the arm that rests on the bolt guide [they didnt eliminate the bolt so i just moved the back of the seat till it moved rest to where you needed it to clear the bolt and drilled a hole to clear the bolt-stop now it tilts just like stock .
  Im going to attach a tracker tailgate cable to the track to release the rail forward completely for  rear access.ill try to post some pics later...
This doesn't make too much sense but I take it that there is an issue with tilting the seats forward to access the rear??  I just picked up 2 seats from the pick-n-pull for $35 each out of a 1996 neon.  Didn't realize that there would be modification necessary to access the rear, Any one have any more details on this???

I used 4dr seats in mine. I found some trashed seats in a 2dr and got the release off the seat on the pass. side and bolted it on my 4dr seat. You only need the outside bracket. It bolts to the seat back under the seat cover. I only did the pass. side seat. Hope this helps.Bill

O.K. so if I find a 2 door neon I can take parts off the seat and put them on my 4 door neon seats.... Sounds like its time for another trip to the pick-n-pull....  Any more detail on the seat parts needed for the swap?

Yep! Same seats,hardware is only diff. My seats came out of a '03 and the brackets were off a '96. Take  the 2dr mechanisms and swap them out with 4dr.If they are trashed seats, just cut the covers and unbolt them. They also bolt to the seat bottoms just like the 4dr.You may be able to do it with the seats still in the car.To put them on your seats the seat back cover has a grooved plastic peice that interlocks. After you remove the back from the seat cushion you will see it.Pull them apart and slide your cover up enough to remove the bolts. Bolt the 2dr brackets on your seats, pull the cover back down and lock the cover back together and you are ready to go. I only did the right seat because the left seat won't slide forward far enough to get in the back.Take all the bolts from the donor seats in case you need them. Pretty easy. Good luck Bill

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom