How-To: Neon Front Seats in the sammi (detailed)- 56k nope.

Zuk named Stitch

Ok, after lack of finding a good how-to in the neon seats.....i used the info i could find and did "Neon seats for DUMMIES" :P

Parts Needed:
- Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Neon seat (up to 99', i don't know about newer)
- 4, grade 8, Nuts, washers and bolts (about .5" length on the bolt, 6mm i think is the size i used)
- Stock Samurai Seats
- 6 pack of Heineken (optional)

Tools Needed:
- 4.5" Grinder, removing spot welds
- Drill and bits, opening beer (again...optional)
- Hammer
- Chisel
- t20 torx (for removing plastic cover)
- 10mm socket
- 12mm socket

-Start by removing your Samurai seats, four -12mm bolts

-Here is the Sammi seats aside the Neon seats-
Neon_Seat_Install_001.jpg

-Remove the rail from your samurai seat, its four, 10mm bolts - you will have to manipulate the seat rail to access the bolts
Neon_Seat_Install_002.jpg

-Set these rails aside, this is all you need from your old seats.
Neon_Seat_Install_003.jpg

Now for the Neon seats,
-Start with removing the two, 10mm bolts shown below,
Neon_Seat_Install_004.jpg

-now remove the two, 10mm bolts on the side, they hold the bottom and the back together
Neon_Seat_Install_005.jpg

-You need a t20 torx driver to remover this cover, then the two 10mm bolts are accessible.
Neon_Seat_Install_008.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_009.jpg

Now that the rails are off, you need to remove the triangle shaped brackets.
-There are four rivets on one side and three on the other. I started to drill mine and realized it was easier to grind them off. You also have two spot welds on each bracket to remove.
Neon_Seat_Install_011.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_012.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_013.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_015.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_016.jpg

-You need to test fit and mark so you know where to drill your holes.
Neon_Seat_Install_018.jpg

-Some of the existing holes are close enough use, if widen'd  :P
Neon_Seat_Install_019.jpg

-Then use the four bolts to hold the brackets to the rails
Neon_Seat_Install_020.jpg

Neon_Seat_Install_021.jpg

NOW- put the rest back together and re-install in your sammi!
Neon_Seat_Install_022.jpg

My Rump-o-meter gives these seats an 8.5 over the stockers!! :-X

Yup, good write up.  Unfortunately for me, it was a few days too late. ::)

Reading all the other write-ups, it was unclear to me exactly how the brackets should be aligned on the Sami sliders, so I started by bolting up the last hole in each bracket to the original bolt hole holding the sami seat to the sliders...well, I had to drill a new hole in the Neon seats for the front of the sliders and now my lever is quite a bit under the seat.  The slides also bind on me cuz I lined the brackets up in the middle of the slide.

The passenger side went together more like your write up after learning the hard way, and now I'll redo the driver's side.

Funny how nobody mentioned the welds on the brackets in the other write ups.  Should have seen me trying to pry them off before I noticed those! ;D

Rob

Cool, now I remember why I forgot how to do this...

Too much work... ;D

Worth it, though.  My rump-o-meter gives it a 9.5 although my wife gets frustrated trying to put on the stock seat belt.

OK did the swap no problem cept the slider for rear access ill address that later but the bolt and shim that restricts the front tilt really isnt the hold up i havent seen the 2 door seats but u can tell by looking that dodge drilled a slot in the arm that rests on the bolt guide [they didnt eliminate the bolt so i just moved the back of the seat till it moved rest to where you needed it to clear the bolt and drilled a hole to clear the bolt-stop now it tilts just like stock .
  Im going to attach a tracker tailgate cable to the track to release the rail forward completely for  rear access.ill try to post some pics later...

zuk1972 said:
OK did the swap no problem cept the slider for rear access ill address that later but the bolt and shim that restricts the front tilt really isnt the hold up i havent seen the 2 door seats but u can tell by looking that dodge drilled a slot in the arm that rests on the bolt guide [they didnt eliminate the bolt so i just moved the back of the seat till it moved rest to where you needed it to clear the bolt and drilled a hole to clear the bolt-stop now it tilts just like stock .
  Im going to attach a tracker tailgate cable to the track to release the rail forward completely for  rear access.ill try to post some pics later...

theyre deffinatly awesome they do sit a lil high though maybe cause mine were like new?

Attachments

• 1 tan zuk001.webp
    1 tan zuk001.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,817
  Yeah ,it takes a few to put the info in here to use.it dont really sink in until you do the first seat,id start with driver since therres no slider involved on that side .The passenger took half the time even though it was harder just cause i had 1 side under belt and knew what needed to be done...

I did a similar install with buckets out of a 2006 Volvo Semi Tractor.  I used the sliders off of the original passenger seat atop of inch and a half square tubing, which came out level with the driver side elevated mount.  Driver side I simply used 2" x 1/4 flat stock across floor mounts and it worked perfect.

Just did my driver seat will do the passenger next weekend. can you say friggin awesome, so easy and so much more comfy. Thanks for the pics and how to. If you aint done it you need to. Thanks Mike

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom