How to Make your own Clicky Starter Fix

Never came across this problem with my 1.3 .
Just put in my 1.6 and , well , I got this problem .
Thanks for the cure . :)
off to do more wiring . :(

Thanks guys!  Just got mine installed.  [jump]

I had to run back to Autozone before I started because I was one male spade connector short.  By the end, all I had to do was connect my ignition wire directly to the relay and ended up not needing the connectors after all.  Oh well, I'll have them ready for something else.

I am going to do this pretty soon. my question is, does anyone know where to get the "plug" that will hold the termials to go onto the relay? I know they are out there but never found a soruce and i would like to keep a cleaner look, instead of having visible spade connections out in the open.

DanStew said:
I am going to do this pretty soon. my question is, does anyone know where to get the "plug" that will hold the termials to go onto the relay? I know they are out there but never found a soruce and i would like to keep a cleaner look, instead of having visible spade connections out in the open.

www.allelectronics.com

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/SRLY-2/525/SOCKET_FOR_AUTOMOTIVE_RELAY_.html

SRLY-2.jpg

I usually just yank the wire for 87A out of the harness since you don't need it.

Kevin

I order most of my electrical stuff from them.....relays and bases in qty of 10, heat shrink, split loom, etc. 

I have always had good dealings with them.

Kevin

Dan, you are going to have to come by before you start your swap and check out my diesel.  She ain't purdy, but she runs. [approve]

been wheelin mine 7 years never a clicky stater prob,but have good grounds,batt cable to block and body(heavy ones)never a prob!

Just did this last night in like 10 mins before I went to bed.  Great fix and great write up of it.  Thanks a lot for the help, I thought my starter was going bad you saved me $80.
F_T

Do you think the Grand Vitara 2002 might need this fix ?!?! I just got a grand vitara last month and this morning it took 10minute to start it... :\\\'(

I made this fix already on my samurai and tracker in the past and I understand the fix but I tough suzuki got this fixed by 2002+ and the grand vitara has more noise insulation under the hood compared to the samurai so the click is less noticeable.. I'm not sure if this is the same thing again.. what do you think???  [red_s]

Hey so I want to do this to my sammy and i have seen some other writes ups elsewhere that say you need an inline fuse. Is this necessary?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom