Homemade Missing Links

For what it's worth, I just installed Trail Tough's M/L kit and it is top notch with no second guessing (except where my frame is tweaked and needed BFH treatment) and very little wasted time.  I'm very pleased with the kit.  For some DIY'ers it's more fun to make one from scratch, I think that would drive me nuts compared to just installing Brent's.

letsgomuddin85 said:
? i think if you  weld a little plaet on each side on the top of the lower shckle and line em up drill a hole through everything just big enuff for a pin itll hold but i dont know ?

I think it would bind up and be a pain to remove....just my thoughts on it....

maybe if you use a thick enuff pin and make sure it dont hit nothing its just to keep em closed ofr driving on the road but people keep saying dont worry

I drove mine everyday for over a year with home made missing links. I never had a problem with them opening up. In my opinion if your links are open on the road you'll have more to worry about than those links. It would have to be something pretty severe to make them open.

I know on the buggy that the springs are fully extended before the M/S's start to open. I cant imagine how I would open them on the street.

I started making my own, wahooo it works  [headbang]

busmetlagerit4.jpg

klapschakel1pt7.jpg

klapschakel2mf0.jpg

klapschakel3zf5.jpg

klapschakel4el9.jpg

klapschakel6uy8.jpg

p1010002lr8.jpg

p1010004ie1.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom