Home made tube doors with custom latch

Here is another setup that we did on my sami, just showing options.
IMG00088.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

IMG00080.jpg

IMG00075.jpg

IMG00071.jpg

All you can see we took the latch hoop off and drilled a hole in the middle for the new bar. Second design we just left it and moved the bar down and drill hole.It seemed to work really so we can swap between doors and tub doors, we also add tabs all the way around the tub so we can add a piece of stainless steel to keep trees from coming in and hitting you. We also took vacum tubbing and cut down the center and installed it on the steel so you would not get cut,also made a nice clean edge.Then i put some sticky 1/2" sand paper tape  on the bottom of the tub doors so they would not slide and scratch them up when I took them off.

I love them because i can stick my head out and see so much more when I am drive over stuff, I do SAY WEAR SOME EYE PROTECTION! I got hit by trees and mudd in the eye. That stopped me cold for about an hour but could have bee worst, loose of an eye would not be fun!

IMG00216.jpg

zukspook0713.jpg

Man Jay..that is sooo sweet and looks easy also  ;D

this couldn't come at a better time because I will be making a set for ZUBURBAN also. I might be asking  a few question later on about how you did certain things.

Thanks for the write up buddy !!

David

norzuki said:
Man Jay..that is sooo sweet and looks easy also  ;D

this couldn't come at a better time because I will be making a set for ZUBURBAN also. I might be asking  a few question later on about how you did certain things.

Thanks for the write up buddy !!

David

David, you should have my number somewhere. Call me anytime ;)

How did you cut out the track in the latch for it to slide on? All I've got access to right now is a grinder and I don't think that'll do.

sukikid said:
How did you cut out the track in the latch for it to slide on? All I've got access to right now is a grinder and I don't think that'll do.

Dremel tool with a cutting wheel. Took my time. ;D

sukikid said:
if u got a 4" or 4 1/2" grinder then u can get cuttin wheels for em

zukitough said:
if u got a 4" or 4 1/2" grinder then u can get cuttin wheels for em
Yeah, but look at how small that latch is. It can't be no more then 3'' tall. Then that slot in it is even smaller.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom