Hi-Lift Jack Mount

river_clan

Greetings Zuksters,

I'm cheap, and just couldn't fork out $90 bucks  ??? for a jack mount, either from Warrior, or Expedition Exchange. But the bungie cords holding the jack on the roof rack didn't work when I hit a hard bump, and it felt like this jack was coming down on our heads. Something had to be done!

I went down to the local welding shop, and they heliarc'd some 1/2" bolts to the safari rack. By using the heliarc, they didn't even have to cover the convertible top... as there is no splatter. Very cool. Total price? $20 bucks!

Ready for adventure!
DSC_0017.jpg

Jack removed:
DSC_0014.jpg

Stud mount and jam nut:
DSC_0016.jpg

Add a couple washers & nuts, and voila! A rattle free jack mount!
DSC_0019.jpg

By spacing the jack away from the rack with the jam nuts, everything clears well.
DSC_0020.jpg

Great idea  ;D

I'll probably do this when i get my rack but maybe I'd put it in the rack on the back.......not hitting trees then (if you know my wife ;D lol)

Thanks for the write up

Steve

Genchaos said:
I'll probably do this when i get my rack but maybe I'd put it in the rack on the back.......not hitting trees then (if you know my wife ;D lol)

You know... we thought about that alot, as we are in Oregon, and trees and shrubberies abound. But... if I put it on the inside of the rack, I didn't have the strength to lift the thing onto the mounts. If I put it on the back, I wouldn't have a place to put a storage container that is easily accessible by standing on the back with the tailgate open. I hope it can handle an alder branch stuck in it without ripping it off the rack!

BTW... I talked to our local fabricator, and he can do a 7" tall box 24" deep, from rack side to rack side in aluminum to hold all the junk. Saving up the $$$!

Genchaos said:
Great idea? ;D

Thanks for the write up

Steve
;D  She has a nice rack too.    ;D

POWERSTROKEN said:
? ?Who's ridding with whom?

If you have 2 running zuks, I'll let her ride with you, in the zuk in seperate seats, if you let me drive the other one? ;D ;D ;D

Steve

edit: no matter how I type it, it comes out wrong

Guess you won't have any side impact air bags for when you roll over  ;D

I think we should have done this in the pm's people going to think we strange ;D

steve

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom