Great place for a tach

CoraZuki said:
A friend gave me a tach and I found the perfect place for it.  What was even better was that there were already power, ground, and dash light wires there.  These
wires are there for the optional clock, so the only wire I had to run was the one for the coil.

tach1.jpg

tach2.jpg

tach4.jpg

When I get my 4.3 swap done all I need to do is switch the tach to it's V6 mode.
Where did you pull the coil wire from? Is it in the stock cluster? What color is the wire in the harness? (I have an 87, w/out a tach) I want to do the same set up as you.

freeriders98 said:
Where did you pull the coil wire from? Is it in the stock cluster? What color is the wire in the harness? (I have an 87, w/out a tach) I want to do the same set up as you.

I did not use a wire from the harness for the coil wire.  I just took a wire and ran it from the negative post on the coil to the tach. 

Sounds about right I think theres a tac on my tracker instrument cluster ill have to take a look. Iv had mine over 9000 RPM :o Kinda just dies off after 8500...yea I know thats a BAD idea

I think I read somewhere that peak power is at 6500, but I can't find that again. And I searched and several people have said the run theirs up to 8k. Seems really high, I think I'll stick closer to 6000

This is for zukedude. He wanted some pics of the wire on the coil. So here you go buddy.
This is the coil, located near firewall on right side.
IMG_1340-1.jpg

Here is the coil with the cap off. Mine was a plain brown (#2 wire), negative wire on coil. The green wire (#1) is the wire from the tach.
IMG_1342-1.jpg

If you do it in the center hole (round vent holes like corazuki) there will be a wire harness made for the clock. All the wires you need are in the clock wire harness. So run your wire from the tach to the coil, then get some wire connectors that will just slide into harness, now you just plug them in. If the tach doesn't work switch them. Black ground, red illumination, 2 white wires were power on mine. Good luck!!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom