Great place for a tach

CoraZuki

A friend gave me a tach and I found the perfect place for it.  What was even better was that there were already power, ground, and dash light wires there.  These
wires are there for the optional clock, so the only wire I had to run was the one for the coil.

tach1.jpg

tach2.jpg

tach4.jpg

When I get my 4.3 swap done all I need to do is switch the tach to it's V6 mode.

I just liked the way it looked in the center.  I tend to listen more to the engine than watch the tach, its just there for reference.  There is no reason not to use the driver side hole, just remove the vent tube behinde the opening and you should have room, not 100% sure about that though.

After I get the 4.3L V6 in I plan on getting aftermarket guages and instaling them between the tach and spedomoter covering the vent.  I wont know exactly how that will work until I start looking for the guages that I want to use. 

Good looking install. Looks like the same tach I used. For you square vent guys I put mine here and it worked out well. ;)

Attachments

• nocubby.webp
    nocubby.webp
    13 KB · Views: 707
That looks good.  A friend of mine has that style of dash, but he used that spot for his winch controls because he had the factory tach.  He also made a cover for the radio that folds up and then slides back into the dash.  The cover keeps water from splashing onto the radio. 

EWC1.jpg

ERC2.jpg

ERC1.jpg

That radio cover is pretty trick. Never seen anyone do something like that before. If I cared enough about mine i'd have to borrow that idea. [thumbsup]

The open space is saved for a boost gauge and the head unit is in an ammo can the lits water tight

Attachments

• Dash5INdd.webp
    Dash5INdd.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 473
CoraZuki said:
A friend gave me a tach and I found the perfect place for it.  What was even better was that there were already power, ground, and dash light wires there.  These
wires are there for the optional clock, so the only wire I had to run was the one for the coil.

tach1.jpg

tach2.jpg

tach4.jpg

When I get my 4.3 swap done all I need to do is switch the tach to it's V6 mode.
Did I miss it.... what size guage did you use to install in the clock hole???? I want to do a triple guage setup with the clock/vent holes but Im not sure what size guage works best??

Did my tin top up similar to my big zuk. This time I epoxied the metal into the back of the dash trim piece

Attachments

• Picture-2.webp
    Picture-2.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 213
A friend gave me that tach.  It measures 2 1/2" and is a nice fit.

I have since added a temp gauge in the vent next to the tach.  It is 2 1/4" and is kind of a loose fit so it wants to turn in the vent.  ::)  I would say that the 2 1/2" gauges are a good size to go with. ;)

IMG_3887.jpg

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Back
Top Bottom