Elk for the winter

TD57

A very good friends son in law got this 2 days before the season closed. No deer again this year  :-[
Gave a hand with getting it squared away & will be enjoying some good slow cooked stews, steaks, pepperoni and jerky etc this winter.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    84.9 KB · Views: 239
I think that's the first time in my life I've ever seen an elk dressed whole! 

Always had to quarter ours to get the damn things out of the woods lol. 

Nice score TD!

I'm jealous!!! I was drawn for a bull elk in Unit 40 in Idaho.  We didn't see a single elk. :(  My last day hunting we saw  where a herd of about a hundred elk had crossed a forest service road about 4 or 5  hours earlier. A friend got had a cow tag and was able to harvest a cow later that same day. [lol]

Oh well, that's why they call it hunting. Always next year.

At the cabin up in the mountains, we wake up everyday with Elk and Deer on the property. They really like to damage the trees.  It's very difficult to get drawn here for Elk. Some people wait 10 years or more. On the bright side, my oldest grandson(14) got his first deer last week, a Muley.

Went yesterday with my neighbor and his son for the last day of elk season. Didn't see a single elk. ???  But, we did see 25 muley's, and three of them were bucks. A big forkie, a nice 22" 3x3, and a 24" 3x4. Weather was clear, cold and windy. The road going in was really muddy, it had rained the night before. I think I added 200lbs. of mud to the trailer hauling in the ATV's. All in all a great day though! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom