EGR

Jim Blackwood

Below are some shots of the EGR temp sensor that was used on my donor 1.6L 8v. Might have been from a '91 Sidekick or something similar. Whatever year the Sidekick was 8v.

Anyway I want to hook up that sensor to see if it clears code 51. I have identified the two wires to connect to as the gray/yellow return on ECM pin A24 and the red/green signal wire on ECM pin A16. If I had the matching connector it would make a tidy setup and that is what I would prefer to do.

Does anyone have even the vaguest notion of how to acquire that connector?

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0005.webp
    IMG_0005.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0003.webp
    IMG_0003.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0001.webp
    IMG_0001.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 14
OK, here we go: The attached photo shows the permanent fix of code 51 by soldering a 10k resister between pins 16 and 24 of the B50 ECU. The code 51 goes away and only code 12 (normal) remains, CEL stays off. The resistor is on the bottom side of the ECU board, so the board has to be removed from the case entirely to do this, simple, just 6 screws. No external wiring required, no EGR required, so far as I know. Off road modification. May be OK in some states and with some vehicles for street use, particularly as applied to engine swaps.

Feel free to use this photo however you like, just post my name with it. (Jim Blackwood)

The start and idle may have improved, still too early to say for certain but so far it seems better. I'll know more in a few days.

Jim

Thanks but I'm WAY beyond that now. Might keep the EGR stuff just for appearances sake but since the '91 did not use the EGRT neither will I.

Jim

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom