Diesel Radiator

I am running a 26" aluminum radiator out of a 83 Quantum 1.7L gasser.  It actually measures closer to 28" wide and just fits in front of the fenders and between the headlights.

I had to remove the braces betwen the grill mount and the fenders, make custom brackets, and indent the driver's fender to make room for the lower hose.

Since I am ruining a 1.6na, I was able to angle the radiator back a little.  With a turbo, I would have had to modify the hood just a little to make room for the filler cap.

hammy_tn said:
::)  do you happen to have a pic or 2 of it, im needing a radiator for my v 6 conversion.  Thanks  Hammy

Here ya go, this one is out of an Audi 80 - it already has the outlets on the proper side:

audi80rad.JPG

Two 14" electric cooling fans fit perfectly

-Steve

Nope. As a matter of fact, there's no filler cap. I'm using the VW expansion tank system - a remote overflow/filler tank I've mounted on the old factory jack mount. It's made to be used with the inlet/outlet on the passenger side. I just flipped the radiator over - rotated 180?, to be more accurate - and added a nipple to feed the expansion tank (I plugged the factory nipple with The Right Stuff).

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine
Top Bottom